HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Digital Trail Cams
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Snoogsdad
Fork Horn

Default RE: Digital Trail Cams

I've tested five cameras and have number six on the way and there is a problem here. I can pick out a good picture from each camera and make you all think that each camera takes pretty good pictures. The thing that I can't show you is what all of the pictures look like at each download.

This is where the better cameras shine. The better cameras will have about 95% - very good pictures. The poor pictures will be when rain is over the lens or if I set it up directily into the sunrise or sunset.

The cheap cameras will have under 50% - good pictures. The poor pictures are due to lighting and just the sharpness of the pictures as well as rain and sun. The electronics are of a poorer quality in the cheaper game cameras.

You will get pictures of deer with the cheap ones but you will also get a lot of pictures where you wish you could see a lot better. The last time I collected my three cameras the Leaf River took over 500 pictures. When I was trying to pick the best pictures to put on my site there were no Leaf River pictures that could match the quality of the other two cameras that I had out. The other two cameras both had real digital cameras in them. Together they had taken close to 500 pictures as well.

I don't like to continually bash the cheaper game cameras here but it's tough to make a good decision on one picture.

John