Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Need info about Burris optic

Old 07-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Mik

Default Need info about Burris optic

I’m looking to buy a Burris Euro Diamond scope (2.5-10x – 44mm, ballistic plex). I would like to have your opinion about burris optics and the Euro Diamond, where (what level)the you place this scope to other brands.

Thanks

Mik
Old 07-05-2005, 06:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Need info about Burris optic

I cannot help you with their scopes but I have some experience with their binoculars. I would place them in the mid-range in terms of their signature series. Somewhat comparable to both the Bushnell Legends and Nikon Monarchs both in terms of price and performance. I have no idea if that scope you mentioned is a high end line for them or something else. Maybe someone else can help more.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:57 AM

IMHO Burris is the best kept secret in optics. Particularly the Euro and Black Diamond/Titanium series. My next scope will more than likely bethe Black Diamond Titanium. You can put the Euro/BD/Titaniums against practically ANYTHING else on the market. Optically they are as good as a VXIII, Monarch, Conquest and anyother series under $1k (I believe the Titanium might be slightly over $1k can't remember for sure). They are TOUGH as nails and Burris' warranty is as simple as it gets, "FOREVER"!

My oldest son will be 10 in Oct and for his birthday I will be getting him a model 7 youth and there is ONLY two choices of mini-scopes that I am considering putting on a gun that I want him to be able to hand down too my grandchildren someday.The two choices are Leupold or Burris...

Don't hesitate to go with a Burris, you'll get more than you paid for and American made is ALWAYS a plus!
RA
Old 07-05-2005, 11:21 AM

I have several of the Burris Signature scopes and they are very clear scopes.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:57 PM

Great scopes I would rather have a Burris than any other. Look through it and look through something else and you will see how clear they are.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had alot of Burris scopes and not one has ever let me down.They have a great warrenty,great optics.
The BD/Ti are the higher end Burris's,I shoot alot of the Sig II scopes,I'm also a fan of the Zeiss Conquest and the Sightron II.
BBJ
Old 07-05-2005, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

burris customer service let me down a while back . some of there stuff is import and not so good in my opinion. i say go with leupold. i have switched most of my guns over to them and there customer service is unbelieveable. very similar to ruger customer service.