Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

cold hands

Old 09-21-2002, 06:45 PM

Default cold hands

I have trouble keeping feeling in my fingers in cold weather.whats a good pair of gloves or mittens that will do the job?

RG
Old 09-23-2002, 10:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-24-2002, 03:39 PM

Default RE: cold hands

I got a pair of wool mittens from woolrich, the kind where the top folds back to expose the fingers. They are real warm and yet allow good finger use in about a second. I take along those air activiated heater packs, they fit right in the mitten top and do wonders at warming up my hands. Haven't tried them yet with extreme cold but down to about zero it has worked good for me.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:34 PM

You have gotten some pretty good suggestions, I have tested then for my self and can atest to the reliability.

I have also place latex glove on before putting on my regular gloves, it helps with the exteame wind and keeping water out.

Good luck.

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!
Old 09-28-2002, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have found the chemical hand warmers work best for me.
Old 09-29-2002, 08:21 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-30-2002, 08:06 PM

Rusty: I've been in the ski business for about 20 years, and have a bit of experience with cold. The guys have made some great suggestions. Let me make a couple that are a bit different. If you have a problem with clammy (damp) hands or feet. A wee dusting with plain old corn starch will help dry out your appendages, and as we all know: Drier is warmer. Silk or polypropylene glove or sock liners will help wick moisture away from the skin producing the same effect. If you are not in a scent sensitive situation, using a cream like Icy Hot, Bengay, etc. will dialate the blood vessels and improve warm blood flow to these areas. Just make sure that the cream is well absorbed before putting on gloves or socks. ( and if you have to pee, FOR GOD'S SAKE: LEAVE YOUR GLOVES ON!

"Friend of Men, Lover of Women, Purveyor of the Brutal Truth"
Old 10-14-2002, 12:43 AM

In the same boat. The mitts that fold back for the fingers are the way to go. Definitely will gry beans' suggestions tho.

Hey, size may not matter but it sure IS nice!
Old 10-14-2002, 09:22 AM

I tried using the mittens that fold back last year but since i hangun hunt with a revolver i needed a better grip and i am currently looking for a tube type around the waist thing to stuff my hands into

propmahn
you can never have too many guns
Old 10-17-2002, 01:24 PM
Spike

In good ol Mississippi I guess it doesn't get to what most of you call extreme cold. Extreme for here is teens. very extreme is single digits. That only happens once every 10 years. However, I have those fold back fleece mittens and like them. Most of the time I use a pair of football receivers gloves that are tacky and one of the hand muff around my waist.

Quick Reply: cold hands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.