Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Dogs
 BLK Pointing Lab at Stud >

BLK Pointing Lab at Stud

Community
Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

BLK Pointing Lab at Stud

Old 02-16-2006, 09:47 AM

Default BLK Pointing Lab at Stud

[align=center][/align][align=center]Introducing Tiger of Cattail Corky SHR, CP
[/align][align=center]Excellent Bloodlines-Black/Yellow Factored
[/align][align=center]Sire Grandmaster pointing lab Cashzingers Cattail Corky out of HPK( view the sires pedigree@<a href="http://www.pointin...ng-lab.com</a>)
[/align][align=center]DOB 5-23-01, AKC/ UKC regestered, and DNA Profiled
[/align][align=center]OFA#LR-133803G24M-P1, EYE CERF, and Thyroid Normal. 75lbs pure muscle!
[/align][align=center]Tig has an excellent trainability and a natural desire. Superior marker,eager and willing on blind retrieves. Remarkable endurance and drive yet calm and relaxed in the home with our three young children.
[/align]
Old 02-19-2006, 12:18 AM

Default RE: BLK Pointing Lab at Stud

What is a CP? What does CP mean?
Old 02-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

I believe it means CERTIFIED POINTER.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:35 PM

And CERTIFIED POINTER means or is....... What?
Old 02-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Truth be told....

And CERTIFIED POINTER means or is....... What?
A Labrador Retreiver that is certified to point at the first level (of four) categories of performance (as a retriever as well as a retriever that points).
Old 02-19-2006, 07:01 PM

A Labrador Retreiver that is certified to point at the minimum (of three) categories of performance (as a retriever as well as a retriever that points).
What?
Old 02-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Truth be told....

A Labrador Retreiver that is certified to point at the minimum (of three) categories of performance (as a retriever as well as a retriever that points).
What?
Pointing Labs havefour levels of certification (titles). CP (Certified Pointer), APR (Advanced Pointing Retriever) and MPR (Master Pointing Retriever) -- Oh, there is also GMPR (Grand Master Pointing Retriever)

Old 02-20-2006, 08:32 AM

OK then we are making progress.

What does a dog have to do in the test to become a CP?
Old 02-20-2006, 08:46 AM

A Pointing Lab what exactly would you do with one? Why not just get a Pointer. I am sure they would find more birds.
Sounds Like buying one of those sport utility trucks not realy a truck.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: daleh

A Pointing Lab what exactly would you do with one? Why not just get a Pointer. I am sure they would find more birds.
Sounds Like buying one of those sport utility trucks not realy a truck.
For the same reason that people like GWPs or DDs. They are truly multi-purpose dogs. A traditional pointer might or might not find more birds. They would certainly cover more ground, but I've seen a few pointers that are so fast, that they will blow by some birds, where as the slower,more methodical dog won't cover as much ground, but they won't blow past birds either. For upland birds, both pointers and pointing labs have their positive and negative aspects.
A lot of people can't have - or don't want more than one dog. Why not "just get a pointer?" -- Very few of them will handle very well on blind retrieves, very few of them are willing to break ice water all morning for waterfowl, very few of them will sit quietly in the duckblind all morning scanning the sky for 'incoming' very few of them are 'natural retrievers'.

There are very few truly multi-purpose breeds that do well for both waterfowl hunting as well as upland and fur. GWPs, DDs and PLs do.

If YOU hunted waterfowl, upland and furred game all in the same day, and you could only have one dog, what would you chose?

Quick Reply: BLK Pointing Lab at Stud

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.