Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Big Boar Hog Does the Helicopter Dance... >

Big Boar Hog Does the Helicopter Dance...

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Big Boar Hog Does the Helicopter Dance...

Old 12-21-2017, 09:11 AM
Spike

Default Big Boar Hog Does the Helicopter Dance...

So during a very lazy night of hunting, which involved binge TV watching and random glances outside, I noticed that there was a hog 20 feet away from the porch. Tip-Toed as quietly as I could outside to a picnic that is doubles for a shooting rest. The Boar Hog heard me and ran out to about 50 yards away. I took the first hog headshot, followed up by several shots as he ran off. I hit this hog so many times that he starting spinning around like a helicopter before barely making it back to the woods. Finally, had to track him down in thick brush, which is never a good situation to be in, but was able to put him down pretty quickly after that.

Merry Christmas to all of y'all...

Old 12-21-2017, 11:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

How many times did you hit that old boy? He was one tough hog.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Darn, that one just wasn't going to lay down and die.

The Germans always say get yourself as much gun as you can handle to go Hog hunting. They prefer a 9.3 X 64 300 grain that kicks like a mule. Or a 8 X 64 with a 200 Grain bullet. Though many are switching to a 30-06.

I use my .308 with 180 gran Silvertips or my 35 Remington with Hornady 200 Grain Flex tip. Either one will leave a large wound channel and dump all/most of their energy quick. Tears up some meat but bleeds well for tracking if necessary.