Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Farm Couple Attacked By Domestic Boar Hog >

Farm Couple Attacked By Domestic Boar Hog

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Farm Couple Attacked By Domestic Boar Hog

Old 05-05-2016, 02:37 PM
  #1  
Boone & Crockett
Thread Starter
 
falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Comance county, OK
Posts: 11,408
Default Farm Couple Attacked By Domestic Boar Hog

A MA farm couple were badly mauled in separate incidents by a domestic boar hog they owned. The husband was in critical condition from a severed artery.

i can't understand why the husband did not immediately kill the hog.


The strange story unfolded just before 6 p.m. with a 911 call after the farmerís
wife was attacked by a boar and suffered serious lacerations. She was taken by
ambulance to Health Alliance Hospital in Leominster. Then just 90 minutes later,
police received another emergency call from the same farm after the man, fresh
off ******ing his injured wife to the hospital and then returning to the farm,
was attacked and bitten by the very same boar. The pigís teeth severed a major
artery in his arm, and in the process of staggering out to the street, the man
nearly bled to death
.


http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/05/0...townsend-farm/

Rabies, maybe?
falcon is offline  
Old 05-05-2016, 02:41 PM
  #2  
Boone & Crockett
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 15,436
Default

Not surprising, all hogs are mean, wild or domestic. I was with a friend when I was a kid on his farm who had the toe of his sneaker bitten off by a boar hog in the pig sty. You can't trust hogs, especially when their are more than one, they will kill you and eat you, bones and all.
Oldtimr is offline  
Old 05-05-2016, 04:07 PM
  #3  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: gilbert az
Posts: 1,168
Default

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Not surprising, all hogs are mean, wild or domestic. I was with a friend when I was a kid on his farm who had the toe of his sneaker bitten off by a boar hog in the pig sty. You can't trust hogs, especially when their are more than one, they will kill you and eat you, bones and all.
There's a few politicians I would like to throw in there with the hogs !
muzzlestuffer is offline  
Old 05-05-2016, 04:12 PM
  #4  
Boone & Crockett
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 15,436
Default

Amen brother!
Oldtimr is offline  
Old 05-05-2016, 07:24 PM
  #5  
Nontypical Buck
 
MudderChuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Germany/Calif.
Posts: 2,664
Default

Most wild hogs would rather run than fight, but there are exceptions.

Domesticated Hogs can also be dangerous, notional and have little fear of humans.

I dated a girl whose father owned a hog farm. He warned me about certain hogs, which ones to avoid. Some where friendly, some weren't.

I watched a Sow with piglets, in an outside pen, eat a four foot Timber Rattler. This Rattler was at lest 12 inches in diameter. The Rattler struck at her a couple times, she bit it once and swallowed it pretty much whole, jiffy quick, chomp, chomp, chomp and it was gone. I was astounded. I was thinking of running to my truck to get my shotgun, but she took care of business before I could even react. The bites didn't seem to bother her any.
MudderChuck is offline  
Old 05-05-2016, 07:30 PM
  #6  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: gilbert az
Posts: 1,168
Default

Originally Posted by MudderChuck
Most wild hogs would rather run than fight, but there are exceptions.

Domesticated Hogs can also be dangerous, notional and have little fear of humans.

I dated a girl whose father owned a hog farm. He warned me about certain hogs, which ones to avoid. Some where friendly, some weren't.

I watched a Sow with piglets, in an outside pen, eat a four foot Timber Rattler. This Rattler was at lest 12 inches in diameter. The Rattler struck at her a couple times, she bit it once and swallowed it pretty much whole, jiffy quick, chomp, chomp, chomp and it was gone. I was astounded. I was thinking of running to my truck to get my shotgun, but she took care of business before I could even react. The bites didn't seem to bother her any.
you brought up a good point i think if that pig saw hillary it would run the other direction talk about fear !!
muzzlestuffer is offline  
Old 05-05-2016, 08:28 PM
  #7  
Super Moderator
 
CalHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 18,382
Default

Professional courtesy??
CalHunter is offline  
Old 05-15-2016, 11:57 AM
  #8  
Fork Horn
 
Double Naught Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North Texas
Posts: 242
Default

More people are killed by domestic hogs than by bears, mountain lions, or wolves. A bunch of people are killed by cattle as well. It is one of the hazards of rearing livestock.
Double Naught Spy is offline  
Old 05-15-2016, 12:02 PM
  #9  
Boone & Crockett
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 15,436
Default

Muzzlestuffer, if a hog saw Hillary, it would turn away and leave her alone out of professional courtesy.
Oldtimr is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 05:14 AM
  #10  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: gilbert az
Posts: 1,168
Default

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Muzzlestuffer, if a hog saw Hillary, it would turn away and leave her alone out of professional courtesy.
Yeah it would turn and run for sure and it probably would be found dead under suspicious circumstances? Lol
muzzlestuffer is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.