Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
new to hog hunting help please >

new to hog hunting help please

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

new to hog hunting help please

Old 12-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Spike

I'm not sure there are some Hogs around the place you live. So, I think you must spend time to go around to be sure that Hogs is living around. I don't think you should start baiting. Hogs like to spend time near water holes. So, just watch the water holes, ponds and wallows you may got them.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by falcon
Watch the water holes, ponds and wallows in early morning and late afternoon. This can be very productive, especially in dry weather.
Not a whole lot of "dry" weather in TX these days. It has pretty much been raining every week since Feb. I saw a fish sitting on the rocks waiting for it to dry off a bit last week.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Much of that type of posting and he won't be here long is my guess!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 05-21-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Much of that type of posting and he won't be here long is my guess!
Agreed. That was a pretty dumb post to make when you're a newbie to the site. Posts like that the forum doesn't need. However it looks like to clown has deleted all his posts and abandoned the site. Good riddance.

Last edited by flags; 05-21-2015 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags
Agreed. That was a pretty dumb post to make when you're a newbie to the site. Posts like that the forum doesn't need. However it looks like to clown has deleted all his posts and abandoned the site. Good riddance.
I believe a Mod has taken care of that youngster already along with a couple of our posts asking that he straighten up his act after reading what he posted. In his quick bio under his username he said he was a kid, thus his username, and asked for advice. Therefore, I sent him a polite PM with some "Fatherly" advice, but I guess maybe he won't be able to use it!
Old 05-21-2015, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to mention he dug up a 2 year old post to make his moronic comments.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

If your family member owns the land, you could also put up a few game cameras and then figure where and what time the hogs are going through his property.