Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

hog hunt

Old 12-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Spike

Default hog hunt

Has anyone ever hunted hogs at Deerfield Plantation in St.George, SC ? I will be hunting there in late January and any input would be appreciated.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Spike

]My group didn't book with him but from the chain below you can see I researched & found a lot of good feed back from his previous hunters.
And what a nice guy.

Ok, Kathy. Please let me know if I can help you in the future.

To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 11:14 AM
Subject: RE: Hog Hunt

Hugh,
Thanks for all the info, but our group has opted for a place that's a shorter drive from New Jersey. Maybe next time.
Kathy

Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:04:37 -0700
Subject: Re: Hog Hunt

Yes, alcohol is allowed after your last hunt each evening. There is good hog activity during the day in February. Quail is in season in February, and y'all can shoot coyotes, bobcats, beavers, and armadillos. You can bring slugguns or rifles. Glad to hear we're receiving good online reviews. Having happy customers is the highest compliment!

To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:37 AM
Subject: RE: Hog Hunt

Thanks Hugh.
This sounds great, & doing my research online you get a lot of positive reviews. My group asked me to get a few more details.
A lot of camps don't allow alcohol period. We never drink before or while hunting, but the the boys enjoy a couple beers at night while sharing the stories of the day. Is this allowed in your camp?
Is there good daytime hog activity in Feb?
Are there any other seasons in? Guys are asking if they can bring rifles, slugguns etc.
The private room sounds appealing.
I am so looking forward to a Feb hunt. A great way to extend the season.
Kathy

Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 11:08:47 -0700
Subject: Hog Hunt

Hey, Kathy! Thank you for your interest in Deerfield Plantation! There are no tropy fees on hogs, as long as you only shoot 1 at each sitting. If you'd like to take more than 1, it'll be $150 per additional hog. You can take 1 each morning and evening, which is included in the price. We are actually running a special on hog hunts for $1,000 for 3 days. The deposit to book a hunt is $100 per person. We charge $45 per hog to skin it and pack it in your cooler on ice. We have single beds in rooms that are shared. Alot of times when ladies come, they reserve the private room downstairs or the guesthouse for additional fees if that's something you're interested in. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
Hugh[/u]