Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

How to hunt hogs?

Old 12-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Spike

Default How to hunt hogs?

Im was trottin around the woods and ran acrossed some hog sign long story short how should i go about hunting them its tight quarters my friends are dumb as hell and say i shouldnt put up my treestand for some dumb reason well anyway they wanna use ground blinds and are saying no that im not gonna bring my stand. Whats better ground blind or treestand with a bow? also i wanna get the upper hand advatage over them without them knowing since i did all the talking but the property is far away so what is the best scent to get the hogs to come of the main trail which my friends are hunting to come to me i was thinking buck bomb sweet corn?
Old 12-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

Well depending on the laws where you are, you could dig a hole pour corn in with kool-aid fruit punch mix and they'll show up....

Edit: ok you're in FL, are you on public lands? If so you can't bait so let me know if the buck bomb corn can works out.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

Honestly, the best scent is no scent, hogs have an extremely good sense of smell and will not come in if anything smells off to them. Cover yourself more than anything and be as quiet as you can coming in. Also, the ground blind vs tree stand thing is not to big a difference with the exception of whether you would rather be in the air or on the ground, to each his own.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:34 AM
Spike

Yes this is great ideas i was also in searching for this type of information and i was thinking to make a thread for this information but i have no need to make a thread after read out this thread....Thanks in advance and have a nice day...