Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Just started my own Wild hog removel >

Just started my own Wild hog removel

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Just started my own Wild hog removel

Old 08-02-2011, 05:56 AM
Spike

Default Just started my own Wild hog removel

I want to know what would be a good price to charge people for me to get there wild hogs under control and what would you pay me to do it per hog ? I been doing it for free for some time now and I run into a ruff patchs in this time period I am hoping the people of the USA well figure this out quickly .So tell me what would you pay and any other info would be good too.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

we charge $300 fer sows, and $30 for piglets and bores. we use a trap and occasionally while we are there if they show themselves we wont hesitate to drop em. did some snares and stuff, but the trap is where the money is.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

i charge $25 per hog - i use traps, dogs and shoot them
Old 08-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Spike

well thanks guys for the info but 300 for a sow I think that a little far off on what I would like to do .I charge 25 for all and if some one wanted some meat off it I would cut what they wanted off for free . 25 dollers is a good deal for some one and it pays for the gas and the ammo .
Old 08-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rheamond
well thanks guys for the info but 300 for a sow I think that a little far off on what I would like to do .I charge 25 for all and if some one wanted some meat off it I would cut what they wanted off for free . 25 dollers is a good deal for some one and it pays for the gas and the ammo .
well..when you are pullin 12 pig fetus' out of a sow..whats $25 each?
plus the sow, who would have another liter in less than 5 months..and if 1/2 of those fetus' are female, they will have a liter 18 months after being born...then they will breed too..well, ya see where im coming from.
maybe after ya spend some dough on equipment and most off..feed..40lb bags are $5-$7.. multiplied by 200 and ya got yerself a nice chunk of change.(tell me how long it takes ya at $25 each to get your $1200 or so in corn back...it cost more to control the population than one might think.
gas to get back and forth, the time ya put building traps,(each trap can cost up to $350 plus your time), setting snares,( i make my own now, but its a dozen fer $40-$60...and if ya can find em on the net..i spent awhile looking and dang), night hunting..(need night vision, infrared light fer 50 yards, another fer 100yards(($2300 wrapped in mine and thats a cheepy plus the gun and amo, cleaning supplies), plus the time it takes to check the traps and snares plus do your normal job.
$300 is not too cheap for a sow. any farmer know this. they loose millions in crops cause dem pigz.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

Hey baked are you givin' your pork away??? I surely wouldn't, especially when ya' probably gotta pay to get rid of the carcass!!!! Sounds like a whole lotta' hard work! I gotta hand it to ya' . One surely wouldn't want to drag a 300lb.+ pig outta the woods either. Do you haul a 4 wheeler with you? There's more gas and upkeep on a machine. Whew! I'll leave that mess to you guys!!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PREDATE
Hey baked are you givin' your pork away??? I surely wouldn't, especially when ya' probably gotta pay to get rid of the carcass!!!! Sounds like a whole lotta' hard work! I gotta hand it to ya' . One surely wouldn't want to drag a 300lb.+ pig outta the woods either. Do you haul a 4 wheeler with you? There's more gas and upkeep on a machine. Whew! I'll leave that mess to you guys!!
na, its against the law to sell the meat. i aint usda guy...
i do give it away, but mostly we eat it between me and a few buddies, handing it through our families...
give a bunch to the tamale lady...50/50 trade, werks out great, ya get a great big cooler of hot tamales back..hot like right out the oven...
i can smoke a hog leg like noone's business..ya can put yer bottom dollar on that.
no lie, i try and control the hog population for free..its a good time and i get fringe benefits..i.g places to hunt fer free...use of heavy equipment, stuff like that..the money i get go right back into the game..
usually i am paying the guys back for the corn, they get a discount rate and get it all at once..stays in the barn...there when i need it...but joe dont lemme ferget that i need to get more hogs. 12 hogs can make a 50' wide and 1.8 mile long area over night, right through the fields. now if this is fixing to be harvested...ouch
so i gotta get alot of hogs if i want a new trap, night vision, scope er a gun..what ever it is.
full time job..on top of my business i gotta do everyday.
kids love it though when they get ta ride along, pop a few hogs in the trap, or take that 150 yard shot or get 2 in one shot at close range. thats why i do it for "free".
Old 08-10-2011, 05:08 AM
Typical Buck

Smoked hog sounds DEEEE-LICIOUS!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by PREDATE
Smoked hog sounds DEEEE-LICIOUS!!!

Oh it is, especially the smaller ones.