Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Texas Hogs

Old 04-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Texas Hogs

I've been reading where Texas is being overrun by hogs and there are very cheap hunts available. Is this true and how cheap? Thanks.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Spike

Just like anywhere, there are cheap places to hunt, and then there are the expensive ones. I personally haven't paid to hunt hogs in over 5 years here. The program is pretty simple: You post a sign up at the local feed stores stating "FREE feral hog control". Pretty soon you'll have a few landowners calling you to come and help out. They dispise the creatures due to the HUGE economic damge they cause. Respect their land, don't bring all your buddies, call them before you go out if that is your arrangement, don't mess with their livestock, leave gates as you find them, don't litter, and offer to help them do work on the property in exchange for the opportunity to hunt. Once you are in good with one landowner, they will tell their friends and neighbors and then you'll have more properties than you can hunt effectively. Also, you need to make a SERIOUS effort to help them. Don't just show up once or twice a month to hunt pigs and claim you are helping them. I would recommend at LEAST once a week, if not more. Do the landowners good, and they will do you good.

Now, this is only for local landowner hunts. If you are in the market for a pure Russian boar with big body mass, etc., then there are many game ranches that can facilitate that.....for a price of course....
Old 04-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

I would look into the outfitter's section and try and find more information. I have seen hunts ranging from $500.00 on up to $1500+.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Silverboar. I understand and agree with what you are saying about helping the landowners but it would be hard to do living in Wisconsin. If I lived in Texas I would be on it like flys on Lady Gaga.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

I saw an add in another forum, the guy had Friday noon till Sunday noon for $75.00 for the whole time. 75.00 bucks for three pigs is a great deal. He's in Meridian Tx.

I saw this about two months ago, I bet he's all booked up by now, that's the cheapest I've ever seen anywhere.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Palladin8
I would look into the outfitter's section and try and find more information. I have seen hunts ranging from $500.00 on up to $1500+.
$1,500 to kill pigs? Those people should have a bounty on them!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Spike

Katy, Texas here. I recommend these guys if you need to pay to hunt. Good, easy going guys and love the ground.
http://www.boarsnesthunts.com/
Let me know if when/if your down this way, have few other places and might tag along.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Spike

Always wanted to try hogs. Texas is as good a place as any. Thinking next spring.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

seen this posted on another site, $100 per day- 2 hogs- May only- DB Ranch- Dustin Warncke- 516-635-0641- Texas
Old 08-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Spike

I would research any ranch that I was considering.Call somebody that has hunted with them as a reference.I am going to go for a nightvision hunt as soon as it gets cooler.I like to shoot pigs.Chuck