Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Great time in OK!!!!

Old 03-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Great time in OK!!!!

We just got back from by Pauls Valley OK this past monday following a tornado from Tulsa to my doorstep in So. Il. We went down and hunted some private property owned by one of my partners family.

We drive down there on Fri. and within an 1-1/2 of being on the ground we were in the blinds already. I took my dad, brother and my son along to make it a 3 generation hunt. My dad and son did not know they were going till x-mas morning and had been working on it since August!!!!
Myself and my dad hunt a blind together for he has diabeties and a hip replacement so we can have some father/ son time. We have a group of about 10 hogs come in within 20 minutes after we get there, no shooters. About 45 minutes later, close to 25 come in and dad lays the lead smack down on a nice shooter in the 225lb class, which I am able to get on video.
We then hear a shot about a mile off. Come to find out it was my son and brother hunting together. My son texts me that he just layed one down with his 20ga with 3" Barnes Expanders. DRT!!!
Next AM we are back out and I get one with my 7mmBR Lone Eagle pistol at around 125yds with a 120grn SST, neck shot. My brother drops one with his 44mag at 80yds with a handcast Keith style projectile. Went through the skull, neck, hip and lodged under the hide at the back of the ham!!!!!! Hog was about 150lbs.
I then get one with my bow with GrimReaper Razorcut and it goes down within 30yds. Lumanok shining the whole way from its shoulder!!!!
We take the hogs back and put them up, get some lunch and a nap. Go back out at 1530hrs and my boy drops a real nice one with his 20ga as my brother takes one with his bow. My dad was hunting with my boy for some grandfather/grandson time and he drops another real nice one in the 225lbs+ class.
Next day is all my day. The owner says that we will take the dogs out to some property that he owns and run them and I can get one with my knife that I came down to do. I said lets go!! We get there and drop the dogs and within 10 minutes we have baying dogs!!! We get up there and see its a nice hog in a HUGE blow down tree and drop the pit. I have to crawl under a branch only 4-5 feet from its poppin and chompin jaws, then have to go over another branch to get behind it. I take its hind legs,flip it over as I am grabbing its front right leg as the owner is pinning the head. I hook the hind leg as I lift the right leg and drive the knife home with 2 swirls. Done deal. WHAT A RUSH!!!!!!!!

We get him out and the handler asks if I want to do it again? I said, "Hell Yeah"!!!!! He said that he hates to run the dogs for just one hog and we can go get another. So we go to another spot and off they are.
Within 20 minutes they have one in a briar thicket and in we go. I grab the hind legs as the handler pulls the pit off, I flip him over as I am grabbing the front right leg,I have his hind right leg hooked, he gets his front left leg under him and tries to stand up as I am getting the knife to work!!!! I grab his left front leg with my left hand while the handler is holding his head I lay on him!!!!!!!
The whole time my boy is running video of this and later says that it looked like something out of MMA!!!!!! We were able to get my dad close with the truck so he could walk up and see what was happening and he said that the last time he saw a man with that kind of look in his eyes was when he was in 'Nam!!! Great time in OK!!!!-100_2330.jpg

Great time in OK!!!!-100_2332.jpg

Great time in OK!!!!-100_2346.jpg

Last edited by SecondChance; 03-06-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was not able to add my pic to the others above, here it is. Here is one of my boys second hog.
Attached Thumbnails Great time in OK!!!!-100_2385.jpg   Great time in OK!!!!-100_2344.jpg  

Last edited by SecondChance; 03-06-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

congratulations on your hunt.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Congrat's!.......Good Job!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

boys up there always put on a good hunt, CONGRATS ON THE HOGS