Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

243 & hogs

Old 04-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cataraft
This pic came off another forum. Check it it out and make your own decision. It's a good picture of a shield from a hog in Northern California. There is nothing like this on a caribou or even an elk.
LOL

Heres a picture of a piece of steel from a piece of steel it came from a piece of steel, theres nothing like it on a hog.
You make your own decision.

Last edited by zrexpilot; 04-17-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

the 3 most foolish words Ive ever read on any hunting forum are "thats not hunting"
Old 04-19-2010, 05:44 AM
Banned

You guys crack me up. I hope I am never found sharing a foxhole with all you tech. knowledge.
Just for the record, if you go to the Levy co. courthouse at Bronson, Florida you will find in the archives, my Grandfathers registered mark, my Dads mark, and my mark. The open range was closed and marks became obsolete because all livestock then had to be behind a fence in the 50's. Thats a couple days before most of you started school. We were bringing them and putting them in the pen to fatten before you guys were out of three corner pants. You can kill a hog with everything from a knife, spear, to a cannon.
Whether a gun is the right choice depends upon which end of the hog you are looking at, and the speed that he is traveling. I've killed them with a 22 short, but I'm not wading into waist deep saw palmettos to save old Rover armed with a bennie flipper. A 12 guage pump with slugs isn't to big then.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Snooky
You guys crack me up. I hope I am never found sharing a foxhole with all you tech. knowledge.
Just for the record, if you go to the Levy co. courthouse at Bronson, Florida you will find in the archives, my Grandfathers registered mark, my Dads mark, and my mark. The open range was closed and marks became obsolete because all livestock then had to be behind a fence in the 50's. Thats a couple days before most of you started school. We were bringing them and putting them in the pen to fatten before you guys were out of three corner pants. You can kill a hog with everything from a knife, spear, to a cannon.
Whether a gun is the right choice depends upon which end of the hog you are looking at, and the speed that he is traveling. I've killed them with a 22 short, but I'm not wading into waist deep saw palmettos to save old Rover armed with a bennie flipper. A 12 guage pump with slugs isn't to big then.
You got it FL country boy!!!............Been in your neck of the woods many times, been there , done that!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by ipscshooter
A 100 gr. .243 has greater sectional density than a 150 gr. .308.
10-4, good buddy!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Spike

Thanks for the post snooky. It is nice to hear a reasonable voice.

We all obviously enjoy what we do and how we do it. I guess that if a farmer wants to imagine he's hunting when it's culling time we should just let him have fun with it- it's enjoyable to him and there's no harm done to me.

Last edited by cataraft; 04-19-2010 at 01:09 PM.