Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Making Piggies FAT!  A question. >

Making Piggies FAT! A question.

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Making Piggies FAT! A question.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default Making Piggies FAT! A question.

Ok...I think I have some of the finest pork in my area due to the amount of corn I spin from my three feeders (600 pounds) a month but I have just received word that I am about to have a GOLDEN windfall for pig food. I can get raw flour from a mill for free. The only catch is they want me to take at least 1000 pounds per trip. They load it with one of thos little bobcat thingies with a scoop. I did not believe that they made that much waste but they usually throw away 2 to 3 thousand pounds of flour EVERY day. WOW! So here are a few questions for any of you that have used flour as a food source before.

How well would this stuff work in a feeder? I am thinking it would make a giant disgusting doughball.

Hogs will eat it but I need to get them acclimated to it. Maybe make it with some sour corn or would you just make a pile and let them figure it out?

Any other tips because I am going to make some VERY fat hogs very soon I hope.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:06 AM
Fork Horn

I tried pellet pig food in my feeders once. Won't make tha mistake again. The moisture broke down the pellets and clogged up the feeder. I friend of mine fed it to captured wild pigs and they ate it over the corn so I figured why not give it a try.