Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Florida vacation, want to get a hog >

Florida vacation, want to get a hog

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Florida vacation, want to get a hog

Old 01-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default Florida vacation, want to get a hog

Hello,
I am going on vacation to tampa in the end of march, and was wondering what you guys would recomend to me for advice on getting my first wild hog. I hunt pretty hard in New york and have been trying to get one of the few ferrals running around CNY for a few years. I was thinking of doing a guided hunt to help with my chances of success, but don't want a highfence type thing, or a bunch of pigs coming to a feeder at the same time every day. I would like a stalk type thing, but not sure what to expect. We will be renting a car, but would like to find somewhere close to tampa.
Any advice is apreciated.
Thanks
Old 01-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

My advice would be to check the local WMA's and see if they have any special hog hunts or small game seasons around that time. Then you could stalk hunt to your hearts desire.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Spike

Check out www.woodsnwater.net/ there are several gudies in the Tampa area that do just that sort of thing. Guided, semi- guided and do it yourself. I have heard (and read) alot of good things about Tiger Island Outfitters. From what I have seen the prices are fair and the hunting is good.

Good Luck!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:07 AM
Spike

huntsflorida.com
ive tried this guy and he is good.
gr8 fairchase.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

buckclub we offer a FL hog hunt within an hour of Tampa but it is high fence due to the exotics they offer. You have the wrong understanding of a fence (be it high or low) and wild hogs. There is no fence that will contain wild hogs. If they stay inside any fenced area it is because they like it there and they like the food that is there for them. This ranch is high fenced but quite large and with plenty of challenging terrain and lots of hogs. If interested you can call me toll free 1-877-647-9926 or email me at [email protected]