Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Whos planning a Hog or Exotic or Both? >

Whos planning a Hog or Exotic or Both?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Whos planning a Hog or Exotic or Both?

Old 01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whos planning a Hog or Exotic or Both?

I head out with my Daughter the 15th for a couple days of Buffalo hunting in Ok. (private herd) with the hopes she will take her 1st anything with a Bow.
Then, hope for a early spring trip south to Tx or Ok. for a few days of Hog Bowhunting & hopefully take my Bowhunting Son & Daughter (my kids but they are in their 30s). I've taken many hogs but my son has only been once & got nothing & Daughter has never been.
I would like to sneak in a Hog, Javalina Bowhunt in way S. Tx. but don't know if I can swing that if I take them Hog Hunting but then, the wife would like to do a deep sea fishing day outing-I'm sure both can be done in S. Tx....

I've been checking into a Water Buffalo hunt also but think IF I set it up I'll let my son do the shooting & I'll be his camera man.
I've killed plenty of everything & they are just getting started. I "DO" enjoy seeing my kids get pumped Bowhunting.

We all chased Whitetails this year & I could have filled ALL my tags & my 2 kids never got to draw their Bows though Daughter DID pass a 5 point Buck at 10 yds. She said she would let him grow up. I even tried to talk her into it since she had never taken a shot at anything Bowhunting. Plenty of video of him though. Anyway, lets hear your plans.

Oh, I am setting up a Antelope Bowhunt in Wy. for myself (DIY).
Old 01-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Spike

Default My son's first 2 hogs

Where my son is much younger then your kids, Keegan took his first got in TX under fair chase conditions at age 7 (under close watch of Dad of course). Using the same single shot 243 at the same ranch, he took his second hog at age 8. Needless to say even after killing a giant whitetail at home in Iowa with his muzzleloader.... Hogs hold a special place in his heart. Dad's love to brag so check out the pics!
Good luck to you on your hog hunt! We are leaving on the 21st to see if at age 9 he can score 3 years in a row.... one of these years he will let Dad start hunting them again! haha.
Attached Thumbnails Whos planning a Hog or Exotic or Both?-keegan-1.jpg   Whos planning a Hog or Exotic or Both?-keegan-2.jpg  
Old 01-09-2010, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I seem to be planning more things for THEM to Bowhunt than I. I've been fortunate to have traveled many states & Canada Bowhunting over the years so have taken many varieties of Biggame.
I took my son at age 16 Quebec Caribou hunting & he bagged 2 which was great-he will never forget that for sure plus great Lake Trout fishing to boot. He's been on a few other Bowhunts & has done pretty well but the time & experiences together are the best. Now, with my Daughter picking up the sport of Bowhunting will make it even better. Good Luck on your 3rd hog trip..Congratulations to your son...