Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

want to shoot some hogs?!

Old 12-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Spike

Default want to shoot some hogs?!

Hi-
I have been searching through the archives looking for some leads on a place for me and my 3 friends to go hog hunting this winter. We are looking for meat hogs to stock our freezer not big trophy boars. I know this question gets asked fairly frequently, but can anyone point me towards a hunter or landowner with a good hog hunting population that might allow us to come hunt for a day and a half for a reasonable "access fee" per person?
I've been checking websites from Oklahoma to South Carolina and it seems that the places offering hunts as a business are out of our price range or down in Texas (which I'd love to go to, but we'd spend twice as much time driving from our home in northern Indiana as we would sitting in the stands hunting!) One of these years we'll make it down there, but we'd like to keep the drive to 10-12 hours or less this trip!
We wouldn't need a guide or anything, just let us know where you prefer us to hunt and any rules that you want us to adhere to (property boundaries, shooting directions, times to hunt, etc.) and we will be gracious guests. We will sign a waiver of liability if you prefer, too.
We can provide our own blinds or stands if needed. Lodging is not a necessity as we can sleep at a nearby motel or in or vehicles if necessary!
If anyone has any info or possible leads or has access to some good hog hunting ground and just wants to make some extra money for 1 1/2 days access!!, please let me know. You can email me at marty_amy @embarqmail.com or send a pm on this site.
Thanks for your time and info!!
Marty in Indiana
Old 12-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Banned

i would try a different approach..try posting an add saying you want to varmint hunt. yotes, hogs, bob cats....as land management..would any farmers need such a service, as you will provide it for FREE!!!hogs are a problem everywhere...most the guys that sell hog hunts are laughing all the way to the bank!!!make sure you convince the farmers in the add that you(if you are of course) are experienced and wont shoot any cattle and your prime directive is gun safety!!!!
Old 12-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

You have to take into consideration the liability aspect for a farmer/rancher to have guests of any kind on their property with guns. That is one good reason why they don't welcome free hunters onto their property with open arms. Believe me none of them are laughing all the way to the bank. I can hook you up with a DIY hog hunt in OK for $175 per day per hunter 2 day minimum. The property is a little over 3,000 acres and is all private. An overseer will be present to point you in the right direction, tell you the boundaries and the rules. It is truly a DIY hunt and everything else is the hunter's responsibility. Motels and restaurants are nearby for lodging and meals. Call me toll free 1-877-647-9926 or email at [email protected]
Old 12-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Spike

hi my johnny heskett with heskettshoghunting i give guided hog hunts for 100.00 per day per hunter if ur interested look at my wed site at heskettshoghunting.com and let me know thank
Old 12-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Hey, I to am in Northern Indiana and will be setting up to go on a hog hunt in the early spring. There is an outfitter in southern Indiana that can set you up to go for deer, game birds, pigs and coyotes. His prices seemed reasonable, the cost covers the hunt and lodging, you supply guns, ammo and chow. He says there are several good places to eat in the area. They lease farm property for each type of hunt, one area for deer, another for hogs etc.....somewhere south of Bloomington......I haven't gotten all the details due to I'm not quite ready to go, but let me know and I'll get you the name and phone number...
Old 12-20-2009, 04:47 AM
Spike

Sure, if you wouldn't mind giving me his contact info, I would definitely be interested in talking to him about what he has to offer. I've heard that there have been a few sightings over the last couple of years in Southern Indiana but I didn't know it was very huntable yet?? I'd like to hear what he offers.
Thanks,
Marty