Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
going to a high fence what can i expect? >

going to a high fence what can i expect?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

going to a high fence what can i expect?

Old 12-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Banned

if ya gonna hunt a fence, save the money and ya can usually find a lease..not for $350 who-ever mentioned that, but most of those cheap places charge trophy fee's, guide tip, tip the cook, the 4 wheeler needs a tip too, and the guy who dragged the deer and so on..check and see what ya can get a lease for. then ya can go out all season!
Old 12-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RLoving1
Why knock one person's choice of hunting when he may go to a place that is first rate.Quality of the place to hunt being low or high fence is rather subjective it all depends on what you can afford and what you have experienced so I would like for him to go and form his own opinions and report back on how he feels afterwards.This is close to the xbow,long bow,compound,verses firearm debate...we're knocking someone else wanting to get amongst the joy of hunting.I still stand my ground of go out do it and report back with pictures to anyone who goes afield! That ain't 2 cents thats the whole dang dollar for ya!
Very well said, Rowel. When I was younger I used to feel that high fence hunting, wasn't hunting. Now that I'm 48 years old and I've had two major back surgeries, I'm lucky to still be able to walk and I'm in considerable pain when I do get out. I can't walk very far, can't climb a tree, can't hold a rifle in a shooting position for more than 15 seconds without starting to wobble, I can't kneel down to gut an animal and forget dragging one out. I hope that it changes in the future but I can't even drive a car for right now. I love hunting, and all of this talk about high fence hunting is looking better and better every day.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Spike

Now that I'm 58, with a neck injury, I'm thinking more and more about a high fence hunt. I would need help with anything bigger than a Florida Whitetail.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default high fenced hunts

My two first hunts where on private fenced properties for two reasons.
First of all, I haven't got a hunting licence yet and second of all because of the price. The fact that I did't know if I had it in me to shoot an animal played a roll all so.
it was a 10 square mile fenced woodland area and like some of you said, here in Europe they fence these places just to keep the bad people out and the animals in.
First time I had a doe down after 1,5h in my stand.
Second time, last saturday, I saw maybe 20 wild boar but no shooting options. It's like a normal hunt, you can scout for a day, choose the place to hang your stand. And then, if you want, the rangers just do a walk through so the animals move.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

BIG GAME - HIGH FENCE?????
I sort of relate this type of hunting to target shooting at the zoo.
TO each their own and I hope you have a good time, but I would never do it.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I have never been on one because I never had too.....and I have been running hog dogs and shooting deer for 55+ years.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

I don't agree with this but have fun!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

I dunno, I would probably try it. I'm kind of cheap though, and all I've looked at are pretty expensive. If I got a free one, or something ridiculously cheap, I would go.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Flippinstk
BIG GAME - HIGH FENCE?????
I sort of relate this type of hunting to target shooting at the zoo.
TO each their own and I hope you have a good time, but I would never do it.
I think your opinion might be different if you have actually hunted one. Hunting a high-fenced operation from 500 acres and up is nothing like hunting in a zoo. But I do understand your mentality about it. I've only hunted high-fenced once for hogs. I'm not against it at all but it's not my preferred way to hunt.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Dominant Buck

I would go and take a shot if it was offered to me. Enjoy your hunt. Heck, not much difference if your lucky enough to hook up with the right people for hunting. I hunt residential areas with a person who has mastered gaining permission in awesome spots. The very fact that people choose to hunt that way is the reason those animals are alive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.