Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
going to a high fence what can i expect? >

going to a high fence what can i expect?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

going to a high fence what can i expect?

Old 11-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Spike

Default going to a high fence what can i expect?

i was wanting to know if anyone knows anything about dos plumas exotic hunting ranch i have talked to the owner and he insures me that it wont be a shoot i am going there for a safari bow hunt and i was wondering since i have never been to a high fence place before what can i expect from one of these hunts i am going the between may and june he told me this would be the best time to hunt there with most of the axis deer being hard horned i am allowed to take either 1 black buck or axis deer 1 ram and 2 hogs can you guys give me some info please

and this is not a guarteed hunt so i thought that was good
Old 11-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my experience you should have a good time. You'll see lots of animals because they really can't go very far. And you're pretty much guaranteed a kill.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Never been to one and won't be going ever. I value my hunting experience way more than taking that kind of shortcut. To each his own though and if that floats your boat I hope you have a good time.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Spike

in my opinion its like hunting in a petting zoo but if thats what you like that i dont see why you wouldnt have a good time good luck
Old 11-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Spike

I have been to a high fenced ranch before. I arrived around noon and left to hunt at around 3:30 or so and had my animal killed by 4 or 5 its basically target practice or it was at this place anyways. But shoot I looked at dos plumas prices and heck they are WAY cheaper than most places I have seen they usually charge thousands of dollars to kill black buck, axis, or fallow deer. But if I read that right you can kill a black buck or axis deer and a hog for 325. Or a deer eight point or bigger a doe and a hog for 350. Any place around here it would cost 3,000 for buck 300 at least for the doe and 300-800 for a hog.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Enjoy yourself. Depending on the size will depend on what you see. It's not Bowhunting as many know it but several of these places it's not a "sure thing" unless it's a put & take operation. The place your going to is "No Guarentee" if I remember but I have no idea how large it is. I've went to a couple-smallest was 1200 acres & the other was 4000. Take it for what it's worth but it was fun..
There are some who will never go to one & that's fine. I've done about everything in over 50 years of Bowhunting (DIY Elk, Bears, Mule deer & more-public, private land & a few guided hunts where required) so as I said-it's FUN & something you can do when all the other Biggame seasons are closed. I've never done Whitetail but mostly hogs with a few animals I could not afford to hunt in their native countries.
All this other crap just ignore.....Enjoy yourself.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was thinking of taking my boy to one just to get his first big game animal. He's 7 and only allowed to shoot whitetail bucks in our state. I was thinking it couldn't hurt for him to pop a ram or something like that and get him interested.

When he first started fishing, I took him to a pay to fish pond. He had success and was "hooked" for life. We would only do it once, just to let him know hunting can be more than just sitting in the cold for hours on end.

The place I'm looking at has no fence. It's a 150 acre island.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

you can expect a great hunt, depending on where you go. I bowhunted two HARD days in order to get an opportunity at a russian boar. It was very difficult, but i wanted it that way. I talked to someone who went to a different place and there were pigs all over and were told to find one they liked and shoot it. On the other hand i know a guy who went down to tennesse on a fair chase hunt and 14 guys tagged out in two days. So it depends where you go, every place is different, but my one experience was very very difficult.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

I hunted in Africa a couple of years ago and about 95% of the areas are "high fenced." One ranch was 225,000+ acres and we never even saw the fence. I think "ahunter55" had the key, ... enjoy yourself, I'll pretty much guarantee you will.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

To use the words high fence and hunting together is a shame.
I went on a socalled hunt in texas once with a buddies urging, at a high fence place, what a damm joke. That is the farthest thing from hunting I have ever seem!

I know that this is just my opinion, and that it only rings true in my mind...But it's my mind and I want to keep it that way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.