HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   Lets see some of your Hogs-Exotic pics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/298322-lets-see-some-your-hogs-exotic-pics.html)

buckshot1909 10-07-2010 06:24 AM

Old bruiser Russian

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of a hog I shot last year 375 lbs, 190 lbs of freezer meat. Taken with bow.

genesis27:3 10-07-2010 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by SWThomas (Post 3388582)
Just a few...

What did you shoot that ram with!!!??!?

2 Samuel 22:35 10-09-2010 10:49 AM

Wow I am amazed at how big some of those Hogs are.
Keep up the shooting!

o2cool 10-15-2010 06:17 AM

First Hog

1 Attachment(s)
This is my first hog. Not very big but the best part of the hunt was sharing it with my son. He spotted the hog before I did and sat quietly as we waited for our shot.

der Teufel 10-16-2010 09:44 AM

Hog #2 for 2010

Got One !!

I got to my hunting spot and checked around Thursday afternoon, but really didn't see anything. I spotted what might have been tracks of a hog by one of the tanks, but they also could have been a small calf. I put out some corn there, but when I came back by Friday morning it had not been eaten.

I set up a target and checked the sights on my rifle. I made a few adjustments but mostly I observed that I'm just not a great marksman. I need to forget anything fancy like head shots and go for the high-percentage shots. That's what I did Friday afternoon.

I had coffee with some of the neighbors out there Friday morning, then pushed off a little after 10:00AM to start scouting some more. I put a fresh battery on my game camera, then headed over to walk through some areas where I've sometimes seen hogs in the past. I looked around there a bit, and noticed that in one area the creek had dried up enough to walk across. I journeyed over to the other side and meandered around there. I always like to check out a little tank at one corner of the property whenever I can because I have sometimes observed hogs there before. The only problem is that I have to be able somehow to get across the creek -- I can't drive onto that portion of the property except under extremely dry conditions.

I didn't see any hogs when I got there a little after 11:00AM, but I did see very fresh signs of wallowing. They were certainly less than 24 hours old -- I later concluded they were perhaps less the 2-3 hours old. I hiked back and re-crossed the creek, called home to let my spousal unit know I would be a while, got a bit of corn and returned to the tank. I arrived back just after noon and spread some corn around the area where the hogs had been wallowing. I set myself up on the other side of the pond in a position where the wind wouldn't carry my scent toward the wallow and commenced to wait. I collected a few sticks and weeds and made a crude blind to somewhat break up my outline and wished I had brought a book. I was prepared to stay most of the afternoon if necessary, but fortunately the hogs didn't make me wait long.

A few minutes before 1:00PM I heard a crunching sound, and looked up to see some dark shapes coming through the brush on the other side of the tank. They were eating the corn I had put out, that was the crunching noise I heard. At first I thought they might be cows. They were only about 60 yards away and looked huge. I couldn't see them distinctly through the brush, but then I saw some piglets come through and I realized they were definitely hogs. They weren't actually that large, they just looked big because they were so close and coming over a rise to get to the tank which made them look larger. There were three sows. I sighted on one but she had large teats and I assumed she was nursing the piglets. I moved my sights to another sow and she didn't show obvious signs of having piglets, so I put the crosshairs just behind the shoulder and shot. The bullet went pretty much where I was aiming, and she went straight down and lay still. I waited close to 20 minutes to see if the others might return but they didn't. I have no idea why I did that. It's so much work to clean one, I don't know what I'd do if I got two. Recall also that this was across the creek where I couldn't drive meaning that I had to drag it about a quarter mile to get back to the truck.

I got it cleaned and it's in the ice chest now. The next job is to get busy cutting it up and ready for the freezer.

I'm including a photo: The hog is dirty because I had already dragged it about a hundred yards. I stopped to rest and decided a photo would be a good idea. The bullet went through both shoulders. I'm guessing it weighed roughly 70 pounds? It's been a bit of a hunting dry spell for most of this year. This is only hog #2 for 2010. Hopefully things will pick up a bit from here on.

The rifle is a Browning A-Bolt II in .308 Winchester. The bullet was a Winchester 150 grain PowerPoint.

ahunter55 12-16-2010 02:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some of several. Daughter with her Buff Jan 2010...

johje06 12-21-2010 09:08 AM

feral hog hunting

i live in memphis tennessee i am looking for a place to hunt wild hog
anyone have any suggestions.

SecondChance 12-21-2010 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by johje06 (Post 3745297)
i live in memphis tennessee i am looking for a place to hunt wild hog
anyone have any suggestions.

This area is for PICTURES of hogs and exotics TAKEN. Not for questions!!! That area is the regular forum. Read the heading.

falcon 12-22-2010 03:03 PM

i killed this boar hog in late November, 2010. His photo is in other forums on hunting.net. The boar was killed with my .50 Encore muzzleloader. Hog was 19" wide through the shoulders.

ipscshooter 12-23-2010 07:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
They taste better when they're this size... Rifle is a Model 700 ADL in .243 Win., with a Redfield 3-9X scope. Shot him at 175 yards as he was trotting across the pasture. After the shot, he did a leaping somersault into a cactus patch. I thought he had decided to hide there so checked through my scope to see if he'd pop out, and then spotted blood on the cactus... Weighed about 35 lbs. Nice tasty little porker...:)

FishNWildGame 01-20-2011 12:49 PM

anyone else gonna be watching this show called "the wild within" on sunday? check out this crazy clip from the new show: a wild boar chase in hawaii: http://www.vimeo.com/18798879

we need more shows like this on air - represents us hunters the right way, the way we deserve to be portrayed.

RugerM77.270 01-28-2011 04:44 PM

160 yard headshot

jermelott 09-23-2011 01:22 PM

2ND bow kill of 2011-2012 season. Spot and stalk, 40 yard shot!
Epic 400/ Grim Reaper 1-3/8

Dontry1946 11-27-2011 07:22 PM

Wow.

Have never hunted hogs. Looks exciting.

big_oxx 11-29-2011 03:59 PM

anybody know a hog extermination co. that is highering in the san antonio area??????

onetohunt 01-24-2012 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic from last feb. couple of buddies and I had a good first night of hunting.
Attachment 20623

AccuBond 02-07-2012 02:37 AM

Hello on all sides! I am new here and I want to introduce myself shortly! I cant find a category where I can introduce. So, I choose this one here! Ok, lets start:

I am a male german hunter, 35 years old, I am a enthusiastic hunter and my favorite game are wild boars in the woods of Germany! Also, I am a enthusiastic reloader, for me the best way to get the best accuracy from the weapon. I would be glad of a lively exchange of experiences! By the way, I can improve my language skills! I hope:)

Best regards from Germany!

AccuBond

der Teufel 03-15-2012 07:30 PM

Got this 100 pounder . . .

A buddy and I were out in late February and he shot a hog that weighed just a little over 200 pounds. I always process mine, but he didn't want to do that so we skinned and gutted it and then he took it to a processor. Two weeks later he's ready to pick it up, and suggests we meet at our hunting spot so he can return an ice chest he borrowed. The forecast was for rain, but who cares?

We spotted this sow a little before 6PM. The wind was favorable, so I sneaked up to within about 75-80 yards and let her have it with a 180 grain Hornady BTSP. It hit low just behind the right shoulder and punched through, exiting directly behind the left shoulder. She ran about 60 yards and collapsed. She is presently occupying freezer space.

This was the first hog with my new AR-10. We're going again at the end of March when the moon is in first quarter to try again.

MissHailey 03-29-2012 02:01 PM

nice pictures guys!

Kuhle4224 05-08-2012 11:52 AM

SWThomas What did you use for a bullet? I've got a TC an love it!

CapRock 07-19-2012 12:14 PM

Nice Boar taken last winter

1 Attachment(s)
Nice boar around 300 lbs shoot at our ranch in West Texas.
www.singlestackranch.com

HogFL 11-19-2012 05:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
East Central Florida.

BP_Niccum 12-20-2012 03:07 PM

Nice work everyone!

Kho 01-10-2013 08:21 PM

HW.100 T (4,5 mm / cal.177)
Pellet : Premier Ultra Magnum.
Scope : Bushnell XLT 4-12x40mm.
Shooter Range : 30.mtr.
Weight of Boar : 28.kg.
Target : shooting in the head (above the ear).
ONE SHOT ONE KILL

Kho 01-10-2013 08:37 PM

Diana RWS 460 Magnum (Spring power - 4,5.mm / cal.177).
Pellet : H&N Baracuda Hunter 10,34 gr.
Scope : Bushnell Tropy 3-9 x 40.
Shooter Range : 15 mtr.
Weight : 32 kg.
Target : Varanus salvator, Two shoot in the Head.

fzo 01-24-2013 07:18 AM

wow, nice pictures. well done

Team Radical 01-24-2013 04:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a Florida Hog killed with a KNIFE! And an impressive 11' 2" Gator!

weekender 01-24-2013 07:40 PM

my wife and hunt a few hogs

tampajetski 02-04-2013 08:43 PM

My first hog

3 Attachment(s)
Here some pics from my first kill with a savage 30-06 a couple weeks ago. This thing was a monster roaming the cow pastures in Lutz Florida. Every time I bumped the flash light he got spooked so had to get a little closer to the scope then I wanted to.lol

ahunter55 02-12-2013 01:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some nice animals for sure..

CamoCandaceQOC 03-04-2013 04:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I love hunting hogs! Especially nightstalking :) Here are a few of mine!!

SnakeEater 06-22-2013 12:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I just got back from a great hunt in Texas....time of my life! I got 2 hogs (boar and sow).

der Teufel 08-22-2013 05:49 PM

Went out hog hunting again the past weekend with a buddy. We saw absolutely nothing Friday and Saturday, not even tracks. Sunday we'd about given up and were on our way back in when we saw this large boar. My buddy jumped out of the truck and nailed it with his .30-06. We estimated the weight at close to 250 Lbs. We dragged it to the rear of the truck, and my buddy grabbed the hind legs and I got the forelegs. "Lift on three" I said, "one, two, THREE !! (grunt)" We got it about a foot off the ground and neither of us could lift it any higher. My buddy then got up on the tailgate and I handed him the hind legs. I climbed up and we each grabbed a hoof. Using our legs for power we stood and lifted the back side of the hog up then walked backwards to drag it onto the tail gate. Even at that it was a bit of a struggle. We skinned it and cut off the leg quarters and backstraps plus some of the meat outside the ribs. After breakfast we cut the meat off the bones and took it into the local processor to have sausage made. The processor weighed the meat at sixty pounds. That's a bunch of meat from one hog!

Arjuna 10-17-2013 06:57 PM

Bow Season opener in AL for deer and this sow showed up... oh well...!

flags 11-03-2013 05:58 AM

Here are some of mine.

Texas Dahl Ram taken with a Mannlicher Schoenauer Model 1903 in 6.5x54MS

9 foot gator taken with a handline near Naples. FL

Blackbuck from TX taken with a 7mm Rem Mag

Aoudad Ram from TX taken with a 7mm Rem Mag

Buffalo from MT taken with a 450 Marlin. Technically not an exotic since it was taken on permit after leaving
Yellowstone and hitting the Rancher's haystacks. Pics doesn't do it justice since it was -10 that day. Clear but bitterly cold!

Russian Boar from Colorado taken with a 7mm rem mag

Freerorbust 11-12-2013 10:04 AM

Made this kids day Sunday morning! Excellent shot, didn't move and inch!

jwheeler 11-14-2013 02:38 AM

Tnhunter444 12-27-2013 11:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some of our biggest hogs all taken in Georgia, fair chase. We'll be heading back down again in about 3 weeks.

907Alaska 02-01-2014 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tnhunter444 (Post 4111580)
Here are some of our biggest hogs all taken in Georgia, fair chase. We'll be heading back down again in about 3 weeks.

Very nice there....

rodroc 06-22-2014 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by bush_pig (Post 3389672)
are they what you got mounted

Excellent pictures friend. Congratulations.