Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Question

Old 02-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hog Question

If I have medium sized hogs on my property, do you think they could reach the feeding ports on a gravity feeder, that 36" tall? I'm trying to feed the deer only.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hog Question

A hog will rear up on its hind legs to get to food. I have watched a little pig jumping at a feeder and hitting it so corn fell out. I have watched them roll on the legs of standing feeders to knock them down. They are hogs....if their is a way they will acheive dinner.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Spike

Default RE: Hog Question

Yes they can reach the feeder.. with that I would put a hog fence around your feeder.. That would allow you to feed the deer and birds but restrict the use by hogs on your property... if your food is the only food in your area it should work well and the deer will be jumping in and out to eat the food you have placed out for them..or just shoot every pig you see..
Old 11-19-2009, 03:01 AM
Spike

Yeah, I was thinking that I should just run everything off of the hog to make it easier.

I have a couple more questions:
* What are palettes?
* How many different cue lists can be created?
* How many cues can be stored in each cue list?

Can someone walk me through what creating a cue is like on a hog? Like on an expression you would set the channels by using chan (or group) ##, @, %% or FL. Then when your done you would hit RECORD, CUE, ##, ENTER.

Sorry for all the questions, it's just that I'm really serious about using a hog on a dance recital show next year, and I only have experience with expressions. I am comfortable using a hog on the show as long as I have a good knowledge about it. And my ME is Hog-trained, and he offered to help me learn it and program!

Do they offer classes or personal training on hogs? How much is it?
==============================
Apex Professionals
Cambodia Travel
Old 11-19-2009, 04:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by kumar
Yeah, I was thinking that I should just run everything off of the hog to make it easier.

I have a couple more questions:
* What are palettes?
* How many different cue lists can be created?
* How many cues can be stored in each cue list?

Can someone walk me through what creating a cue is like on a hog? Like on an expression you would set the channels by using chan (or group) ##, @, %% or FL. Then when your done you would hit RECORD, CUE, ##, ENTER.

Sorry for all the questions, it's just that I'm really serious about using a hog on a dance recital show next year, and I only have experience with expressions. I am comfortable using a hog on the show as long as I have a good knowledge about it. And my ME is Hog-trained, and he offered to help me learn it and program!

Do they offer classes or personal training on hogs? How much is it?
==============================
Apex Professionals
Cambodia Travel
Can't answer much about dancing with pigs (all though back in my drinking days, I'm sure I did more than that)..

And what's so wrong about feeding hogs, many here in Texas many let the hogs in and feed with the deer.. We hunt them year round and if hunted enough, you can control the pig problem and have plenty of meat in the freezer.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

If you do put panels up around your feeder to keep the hogs out make sure to use plenty, we use 12-16 twelve-foot panels per feeder, otherwise we have problems getting the shooter bucks to use them.