Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 And the tears started to flow. >

And the tears started to flow.

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

And the tears started to flow.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default And the tears started to flow.

Deer season is done and the hogs are plenty. I guess it is time to start really trying to exterminate the pork but it aint gonna happen. I have a HUGE crop of little babies (JOY) that are growing up fast. I have dozens of trail cam picks with these little guys coming to the feeders at high noon. Trust your trail cam folks. It was also kid’s day at the lease for me.

Does anyone else want to kick the crap out of the Sham Wow guy?

I took David and his dad John and we ambled up to the lease at around 3 p.m. We got camouflaged and they went to the oaks stand and I went to the end of the road. Once again we were treated to inhuman arctic temps. When the sun set it rapidly went below 60 degrees and left me shivering so bad it looked like I was dancing. We heard nothing and saw even less unless you count cardinals.

Corn….natures little bookmark.

Noah (Seminole) and his 10 year old son Noah met up with us in Mayo and we went in to the stands. Noah took the swamp and David and dad went oaks again. I had a real treat for the ground blind. Noah brought a space heater. I took that sucker and a blanket down to the blind. I put the heater and me under the blanket and literally began to sweat. I knew the other guys were freezing their butts off because it was 20 degrees that morning. I heard a pig but saw zip. I met the guys back at the truck and they were all frozen like popsicles. We decided to hunt that evening but the beasts (feeders) needed feeding. Went to town to buy the corn.

If a man is all alone in the woods and says something and no women are around is he still wrong?

It is now 11:45 a.m. and we get back with the corn. We are taking it down to the end of the road feeder when all of a sudden a gorgeous hunk of ham trots out and start feeding at the end of the road. I run my fat but all the way down the road and grab little Noah and we begin the 700 yard stalk. Needless to say he was excited and jumping like a cat on a hot tin roof. I was trying to keep him behind me and to the left of the road so we could keep some bushes between us and the bacon but he would jump to the middle of the road to see the pig. Luck was in our favour since this pig must have been blind. I asked him what range the rifle was sighted in and he said 100 yards. We got to 100 yards and I had a shooting stick for him. We slid out to clear the shot and he shouldered the little 223 and started to aim. This kid sounded like he just ran a marathon. He was breathing REAL heavy and I was watching his gun barrel do figure eights. I asked him if he was steady and he said yes. POP …swing and a miss. Then tears started to flow. He was so amped up the miss broke his heart. At least it is good to see kids get into like that. Five minutes later we hear David take a shot in the oaks.

Kids TV shows must be written by people on serious drugs.

David walked back and proclaimed he missed a pig also. So the score is pigs 2 us 0. Big Noah found out I brought my 22 mag along and he wants his son to use it. No sweat. We take him for a bit of practice with it and he seems pretty capable with it. He is going into the swamp stand with it that night. We fill feeders and change game cards and wait for the evening.

Here is a tip: Never try to use a blender on a frozen chicken.

I went oaks and David and his dad took the end of the road. About 5:45 I hear the 22 mag go off. Then about 10 seconds later I hear it go again. So I am sitting there thinking that was a coup de grace shot. I did not see anything come in at all and neither did David and his dad. Noah redeemed himself with a perfect shot right through a little pigs ears. The only problem was that this little guy had a wound and was inedible. Sucks to shoot one you can not use but it was a good mercy whacking. We rode home hog less but they gave us enough chances and we will go do it again. Take a kid hunting and away from a video game. It is well worth it.

And a pic

Old 02-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: And the tears started to flow.

Of course the man is wrong. I've been married for 26 yrs and have never been right about a thing! So that being said I automatically apologize and start thinking how is this going to effect my getting................ tonight.

A man and his wife were driving down a lonely Maine road one verycold fall evening. In the middle of the road is a small baby skunk looking like it's on it's last leg, sooooo cold and shivering. The wife yells stop, stop! Why asks the husband? The wife who has a soft heart says' Oh the poor little skunk we can't just leave it there we have to help it. So she jumps out of the truck runs up and scoops the baby skunk and wraps it in her jacket. She gets back in the truck and the skunk is shivering uncontrollably. Sheaskshow can I warm it up it's so cold. So the husband says place itdown between your legs and your body heat will warm it up. The wife asks what should I do about the smell. The husband replied, just pinch it's little nose............
I'm glad to say I am recovering nicely with minimal scaring.................

Starting the kids young is just the beginning. The rewards get better and better the more hunting and fishing you do with them. To all dads keep this in mind. Make your hunting and fishing time a no B.S. time. You are not allowed to talk about school, trouble or any other uncomfortable subject. It's all about the bonding. Your kids need to have a place that they know they are cool with you and it's all about the hunting/ fishing. Mine are 22 and 18 and they are my hunting / fishing partners fore life. We have many a story to relive and many more to come. Good on you guys for taking out the kids!
Old 02-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Spike

Thanks for the hunting tales. By the way do they cut shirt tails on piggy misses?
Regards,
Old 02-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

UMMM...WHATS A SHIRT TAILE?