Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 A true story of complete idiocy and wild hogs. >

A true story of complete idiocy and wild hogs.

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

A true story of complete idiocy and wild hogs.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default A true story of complete idiocy and wild hogs.

There was a time in my life when I was not as nice(I still drank a lot)as I am today(I don't drink any longer)and I had a buddy who had hog traps on his property.This happened in Hearne Texas well anyhoo we were all sitting around drinking one day and Bobby(my buddy with the traps)said let's go check the traps,so we went and checked the traps.
Well in one of them was 3 hogs weighing in at about 150 to 200# a piece,it just so happened that he had a cattle trailer hooked to his truck.We loaded the hogs into the trailer which wasn't strange because we regularly took them to Bobby's house where he had a pen and would feed them corn for about 2 weeks and then slaughter and cook them in the ground.On this day we made a detour to(oddly enough get more beer)and this took us into the(for lack of a better word)darker side of town(no offense is meant).I went in the store to get more beer and when I got back to the truck bobby and Ronnie said"Hey Brian we got an idea".Knowing them like I did I knew that it would probably be fun.
So we drove a little further into this part of town and Bobby stopped the truck and he and Ronnie said "Get out of the truck we're gonna have some fun".Well this fun consisted of opening the gates on the trailer and turning them hogs out in the middle of this part of town and that's exactly what we did.
We turned them hogs out and it wasn't long till all hell broke loose and brother I mean ALL hell,there were dogs barking,people hollering,pigs snorting sqeling(sp) and general bedlam.We figured we had better hightail it out of there and we did right to a feed store parking lot where we could watch the fruits of our stupidity.
Well there were no people hurt(thank the lord)but a couple of dogs got tore up and lots of fences and the Hearne police force had to kill the 3 pigs we made the news on at least 2 local and semi local channels and they said they were searching for the perpetrators well they never found us and we went and had a few more and laughed about it,a lot.At the time it was funny it's not as funny now but it is a memory.I suppose I should apologize for that cause it was wrong and people could have been hurt we were lucky no one was injured but it was funny and as I type this I'm smiling at the memory even tho I probably shouldn't be.
2 of the 3 involved are dead now(may they rest in peace) and I am glad I don't do things like that any longer but boys I'll tell you something it was funny.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: A true story of complete idiocy and wild hogs.

I find that hilarious!

Had some similar fun not long ago. Just that mine wasn't intentional! (no offense )

A neighboring farmer had some hogs he had trapped in a little pen he had made with sheet metal roofing, but he lived in town and had to get rid of them. His grazed cattle on lease land next to my hunt club. He had three of those 50-75 pound meat hogs in this pen and was trying to give them to me. I paid him 30 bucks anyway, but I had to catch them. I wanted to turn them loose on my brothers hunting preserve 3 counties over. I went in the pen and stalked to the corner where they were are laid up together. When I got pretty close, I cornered one and wrestled it to the ground. Got my ass whooped and scraped up pretty good! But too stubborn to give up! Got him into the horse trailer and went back for another. Everyone was getting a kick out of the action. Managed to get the second one by tackling him as he tried to run by me when I moved in. He got a piece of my hand with a good head twist. But I was on a mission now. Got him in the trailer and was getting ready to go back for the 3rd. Then I saw something I will never forget. The last hog in the pen was Freakin Out! She knew she was destined for the same fate as her brothers. I had just crossed into the pen when she made a dash at me. I got ready and when she got about 5 feet away, she turned and jumped over a 4 1/2 foot fence! Then all hell broke loose! That little hog ran about 20 miles an hour straight into sometrees on the back side of his property. But it was a rich subdivision on the other side! The kind withoutfences! All we heard was squealing, screams, doors slamming, and eventually, gunfire. I got in my truck and got the hell-outa-there!
Old 11-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a memory made with friends that have passed on that should not be forgotten Korak.My conscience has only kept me from having a good time...sometimes common sense helped keep me outa trouble.Sorta like putting up the "Registered Sex Offender" sign in preachers front yard! The offering plate was a little shy for awhile.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

Sounds like a memory made with friends that have passed on that should not be forgotten Korak.My conscience has only kept me from having a good time...sometimes common sense helped keep me outa trouble.Sorta like putting up the "Registered Sex Offender" sign in preachers front yard! The offering plate was a little shy for awhile.

I must admit that I will never forget Bobby or Ronnie we definitely made some memories,more than I will ever post here.They were special guys to me and I will miss them greatly.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's hilarious! What are friends for?
Old 11-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: targethogs

That's hilarious! What are friends for?

It was dang funny we sat on the hood of the truck and laughed until we cried,we could hear and sometimes see the "action" as it went down.It was the damndest racket you ever heard in your life pigs squawling,dogs barking,folks hollering(in english and spanish)LEO's running around all over the place it was as has been mentioned damn funny.
I have not told that story in many years and not to many people we'll just keep it between us,LMAO.