Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

The laws for sling shots.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:03 PM

Default The laws for sling shots.

If I buy a sling shot from this company www.lducompany.com will it be ok to make it into the states? It would be coming from China. I have a friend in Australia who wants me to order one for him because he does not have paypal but I am worried that the slingshot will not make it through Australian customs. This LDU company says that they guarantee delivery to Australia for slingshots but I would like to learn some things so here I am asking. Here is the address to the guaranteed sling shot delivered to Australia for my friend http://www.liangdianup.com/inventory/271201AUS.htm but there is no talk about slingshots shipping to the USA if they are guaranteed or not for delivery.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: The laws for sling shots.

A better question would be why you'd want to order from them when your local sporting goods store probably has them for what you'd pay to have that cheapo shipped from China. You might also wonder why your friend doesn't simply open a PayPal account of his own, they have Ebay there too.

Australian import laws are similar to ours, the shipper assumes all responsibility for clearing Customs, and since they have guaranteed delivery to Australia there should be no issues. Your scenario implies that you intend to have it shipped here, then forward it to your friend in Australia,which is silly when you can simply have your friend's address listed as the shipping address. This will probably incur additional shipping charges though. BTW, transporting a weapon to another country has legal implications for you, if your friend can't obtain one there then there's probably a good reason why not. In case you were wondering, I manage an shipping and receiving department that does some international shipping.