Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Calls and Scents...Updated w/Pics...Thanks! >

Calls and Scents...Updated w/Pics...Thanks!

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Calls and Scents...Updated w/Pics...Thanks!

Old 07-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default Calls and Scents...Updated w/Pics...Thanks!

I'm going on a hog hunt again in a week and was wondering about using a hog call and some attractor scents. I will be in a tree stand by a feeder. Do you think that using a hog call and a scent would be a good tactic or should I go without and let the feeder do it's thing.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Calls and Scents

NO, most calls will only drive away hogs, the average hunter doesn't know enough to callin a hog.A feeder should be sufficient, hogs are smart and sometimes just putting out scents and walking over where you expect them will only drive them away. It's best to get to the stand and leave things as undisturbed as possible.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

NO, most calls will only drive away hogs, the average hunter doesn't know enough to callin a hog.A feeder should be sufficient, hogs are smart and sometimes just putting out scents and walking over where you expect them will only drive them away. It's best to get to the stand and leave things as undisturbed as possible.
Very Good Advice!
Old 07-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

10-4 fellas! I want to get a poke at one of these things so freakin' bad. Here's hopin the feeder does the trick this time.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Just make sure it is a LOUD feeder. It calls them in better than anything else. I have seen a soda can filled with corn used as a call before. Shake , shake, shake and they actually came to the feeder an hour early. they were just waiting in the palmettos for it to go off.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

The last time I went the feeder didn't go off. I'll make the sure with outfitter this time.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:07 AM
Fork Horn

Where in Florida are you hunting?
Old 07-28-2008, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

I'm going to be hunting at an outfiftter by Fisheating Creek which is on the west side of Lake O. I live in Palm Beach County and the only place I've been hunting so far is the WMA's. I don't have very much fun hunting there...So many people and I haven't seen a hog yet. Anyhow this outfitter has a pretty good deal. It actually costs me more in gas than it does for the hunt. If I get a hog, it will be an added $100. Hopefully this time!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Calls and Scents...Updated w/Pics...Thanks!

Got one last night. 225lbs. 25 yard broadside shot with Magnus Stinger Broadheads. Had a ball!

Old 08-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Calls and Scents...Updated w/Pics...Thanks!

ORIGINAL: jbowersox

Got one last night. 225lbs. 25 yard broadside shot with Magnus Stinger Broadheads. Had a ball!

At 25yds !.........WTG Hog Hunter!..........Congrat's

Quick Reply: Calls and Scents...Updated w/Pics...Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.