Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!! >

Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!!

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!!

Old 03-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!!

Also, dont pay to hunt hogs in Texas, just go to the public land. You can walk the Brazos river here and shoot all you want. Every now and then, ill go to the river and walk with my bow, just to get out. Ive shot a lot of hogs that way. Not even trying. Check out all the corp of engineer land. Its all over Texas, and is free hunting, you just got to walk it. Cant take a vehicle on it.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:47 PM

I work as a guide at Ranger Creek Ranch. To me these pictures and the description of the hunt sounds and looks alot like deer hunters on their own hunting lease. They try to do some hunts to make money to pay for their own hunting. They are in it for themselves and not for the customer. Try researching on the internet and you will find a much better hunting situation.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear about that, but I am glad you posted. My father in law wants to come down to hunt hogs here in Texas and he had called these guys. Needless to say they are OFF the list now. I bought a public lands permit for Texas this year, I wonder what area you reference walking along the Brazos. Sorry, I have only lived in Texas a couple of years.

Jake
Old 03-26-2008, 02:50 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JakeinTX

Sorry to hear about that, but I am glad you posted. My father in law wants to come down to hunt hogs here in Texas and he had called these guys. Needless to say they are OFF the list now. I bought a public lands permit for Texas this year, I wonder what area you reference walking along the Brazos. Sorry, I have only lived in Texas a couple of years.

Jake
Are you close to College Station?

Opel, you got took. I lived in College station for three years, there are hogs everywhere in the surrounding area. We hunted them every weekend and never came home empty handed. I've never heard of this particular outfitter and if there was a landowner he was leasing from would echo the comments that it is someone trying to pay for their deer lease.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

He paid for the lease 3 times over just that week, he leases it for 1500.00.. And he says he runs deer hunters and we saw 3 does around and thats all.. They were in it for the money, NO doubt about it..[:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 03-26-2008, 05:48 PM

scum! thats what these people are. look if you want a good hunt at a cheap price and you plan to come to florida contact l&r hog adventures used them 2 times both times they had me on hogs in one hour they used dogs and a swamp buggy but the method of harvest is up to you ive used a knife and a 30-06. bob at 954-448-0015they also have feeders if thats your thing.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SP10

ORIGINAL: HunterOpel

..I only saw one set of tracks in 5 days and it was after the 3 in rain they got..
I have had better luck than that hunting by myself on Public Lands in California (only 5% of hogs taken in California are killed on Public lands) so I can imagine howunhappy you must be with those kind of results on what was advertised as a guided hunt on private lands. The California DFG keeps a list of approved guides and their specialties that is available on the DFGwebsite. I do not know how thoroughly the State checks the guides'credentials or what kind of standards they use but it probably offers some protection against the absolutely miserable guide it sounds like you got stuck with. You might want to check with the Texas DFG and see if they also keep a list of approved guides and file a complaint with them if they do.
I take all of my hogs on public land in California...we have had a pretty good success rate doing so...lots of scouting has paid off. (Los Padres NF.)
Old 03-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HunterOpel

I have filed a complaint with the texas attorney generals office and states attorney, the morning we left the owner and guide were gone..Oh he had a good talk, lots of feeders and seeing tons of hogs is what he told us, he said everyone leaves with at least 3 hogs and lots of varmints..He had pics of lots of hogs, but when we got there the owner and guides were the one in the pics, we talked to the guy they lease there ground from and he said the first 2 years they shot lots of hogs, the Owner..Not the hunters..I only saw one set of tracks in 5 days and it was after the 3 in rain they got..He would leave us in the stands 4-8 hours longer then we wanted, he left 2 of us all night, I was p_ssed off and he knew it so he left only seen him twice the whole time..It was BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would just pretend I am someone else and go back...when we meet face to face I would be getting my money back...
Old 03-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

That was a rip-off.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would threaten legal action if you don't get a refund. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and you need to be up in their faces. I would make it my job to ruin their business if they refused a refund. I would contact ebay, texas better business bureau, get on all the forums etc..

Quick Reply: Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.