Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!! >

Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!!

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!!

Just a thought...I sell alot of stuff on EBay...Did you pay for this hunt thru PayPal...if you did go to Paypal and file a complaint and try to get your money back that way, they insure the sale to $2000. If they are not providing to you what they are auctioning off on Ebay, then that would be the way to go...I have got my money back on EBay issues before...
Old 03-27-2008, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is no doubt that this hunt was a bad experience, and several have made the statement that the "outfitter" was on in it for the money. Why else would he be in the business if not to make money?

I know for a fact that there are ALOT of hogs in the Bryan/College Station area. One of my good friends from high school and his family live in the area and are overrun with them, but hogs on their place are like hogs on my place and are nomadic. I may see hogs or hog signs every day for a month, and then I might go a month and not see any. Unless this place has a really good fence to keep the hogs on the place, all that was had by the original poster was bad luck. That is why it is called hunting and not shooting.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:31 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

Unless this place has a really good fence to keep the hogs on the place, all that was had by the original poster was bad luck. That is why it is called hunting and not shooting.
Yeah, I agree with that!
Old 03-27-2008, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMHO, if you have 8 hunters on the property for a week and only one guy gets to shoot at a baby hog that is a joke. I'm not saying everyone should get to bag a hog, but at least be able to see some. If you are going to make people pay to hunt your property you better have lots of animals.

That double double ranch I posted up earlier said they guarantee you will get a shot at a hog or they will give you your money back. They obviously will not guarantee a kill since it is up to you to actually make the shot. In short, if I am paying money I want a guarantee that I will see somethng. If they can't guarantee me that why not hunt public land??? I mean, what are you paying for????
Old 03-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

If you are going to make people pay to hunt your property you better have lots of animals.
No, people should do research be for going and paying to hunt a place. I feel bad the guy got took but thats why you don't go hunt somewhere you know nothing about. JMO. People run scams everyday, whether it be credit card fraud or selling a hunt on ebay.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

We did some research and it proved not to be full proof either.. I can sell you a deer hunt in ILL and show you pics of big bucks my buddies have killed and say that they were taken on my place, how do you know if I an lying??? Give you phone numbers to buddies in Texas, florida, alabama and have them tell you it is great..IT CAN ALL BE SCAMMED, I am proof, I got scammed!!!We called 2 people he gave us numbers too, they said it was great and now they wont answer there phones, funny aint it!!!!
I did outfit in ILL in the early 90's, I just like to hunt more!!! But I know what an outfitter goes through, you have good hunters and bad ones!!! But I had deer on my property and had good success..
It is a Life Lesson..One lesson learned 2,000 more to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Hunting to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

i am sorry for your having to put up with that. when things don't turn out like you wanted (like a weekend being rained out) that's not fun but THAT?! how ridiculous
Old 03-27-2008, 09:45 PM

this type of outfitter is worldwide, not a TEXAS thing
Old 03-28-2008, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

There are lots of outfitters in ILL just like that, lie about how much ground they have, we call it multipliers syndrome, they multipy how much ground they have by 2 to 4 times what they actually have.. Percentage of kills..It is Crazy, Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Dominant Buck

I tell you one of the biggest problems with the outfitters around here, besides the fact they are outfitters, they w h o r e out the land and over hunt it. They will ruin an area and simply move on. I had an outfitter lease out some land next to mine, they ruined it for turkey and deer. It took about 10 years for the deer and turkey to rebound. They would take out clients every day of the season and kill anything moving. And since my land was next to this land, the same deer and turkey the frequent my land, frequented theirs. As for hogs, they simply push them off to other areas with less pressure. I really don’t care for the outfitters and their practice of ruining a stretch of land and move on afterwards. And I have seen very few, actually I’ve never seen an outfitter use land properly. Not to sound like sour grapes, but in my little town, there are 4 different outfitters. Mainly for geese. they have pushed all the geese from this area. I even told one of the guys who own one of the outfitters that he was going to do it. He told me, then it will be time to break that lease and lease up some new land. He was trying to get me to guide for him. I refused. He also stages animals for people to hunt. He does it with pheasant. He stuns the pheasant and places them in set locations. Take out the hunters for about an hour then leads them to the staged birds. Its sickening. Like I said, nothing more than hunting pimps.

Sorry for the rant, and appoligize to those outfitters who do it right. I just feel you guys are far and few between.

Quick Reply: Hog Hunting Nightmare!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.