Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

just found this site

Old 02-05-2008, 01:41 PM

Default just found this site

Hi everyone. I'm in Mi. and just found this site. Looks like alot of good information is on here.

I am going on my first hog hunt on Friday in Ga. Free range. Our guide is going to have us in stands and we can also stalk. Anyone have some helpful hints for a succesful hunt?
Also, how do you judge the size of a hog?
Thanks.

Ed
Old 02-06-2008, 10:33 AM

Default RE: just found this site

hog always look bigger sating broad side try to watch them comming in and when they are walking around. When you take your shot if you put in the boiler room they will go down. The heart sits lower in the body than a deer. thry for the arm pit at the bottom of the brisket.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:27 AM

Thanks. Are the ways to judge it'e weight though? Like how close it's belly is to the groung or the size of it'e ears relative to it'e head. The guide says I can shoot One or two(I don't remember wich he said now) that go 200 pounds. Anything else has to be a meat hog. Or pat fees for the bigger ones. He said the avarage size around there is around #150. I don't know if I'll even see a 200 pound hog, but I don't need to shoot any more than two that size anyways.

Ed
Old 02-07-2008, 10:52 AM

Most of the time people miss judge hogs thinking that they are bigger than they are. Most wild hogs have a bigger frame than what they will weigh. a lot of people will say that pig is 250Lbs and in reality it will go 175Lbs. The only chance you have is looking at a lot of pigs and watching them get weighed to give you an idea. pictures can lie and you can make hogs look bigger than they are.
Good Luck let us know how you do.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the site Ed... just look out for the riff raff, not mentioning any names. Ausie, Rloving, Txjourneyman.. Bernie.. North Texan.. there are more, you'll know them by their fruits...
I'm known as the level headed one.

Again Welcome.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:01 PM

Thanks everyone. I just got back home. My friend Phil shot two, and I shot one. We seen more than that, but that was all we could get a shot at. I got one on video, and had the muzzle loader on her shoulder. I was one second from pulling the trigger and sheturned and ran. Oh well. It was alot of fun and we had good guides helping us. We were on the Oconee river with Oconee River Outfitters. We'll probably do it again next year.

Ed
Old 02-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi. Welcome to the site.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the site.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:06 PM

Hey Ed I'm new to the site to, mind if I ask how you found yourself a guide?
Old 02-18-2008, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Ed Baldwin

We were on the Oconee river with Oconee River Outfitters. We'll probably do it again next year.

Ed
I'm looking for a hog hunt, too. The only links I found that sounded similar was for a river rafting place. Do you have their info.? Would you recommend them? We're looking specifically for meat hogs.

Many Thanks!

FC

Quick Reply: just found this site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.