Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

broad head

Old 02-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: broad head

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

ORIGINAL: The Rev

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Mechanicals will work, but a fixed cut on contact work so much better. Ive lost hogs using mechanical, I have yet to lose one with fixed heads. And im talking about lots of hog, not just a few.

My favorits and depending on bow and kind of bow are. Slick tricks, Muzzy three blades, stinger, and Monotec G 5. There are many good heads, these are just the ones ive used and like.
I agree, my all time favorite is Muzzy Phantom 220 grain broadhead. It's akiller!

Is that what you shot that deer with last year? All most of us need for deer size game is the 100-125 weight range isn't it?
Yep, that's what I used... you tell me, you was there.Was he dead, and how far did he go? I really got them for hogs, but since I was set up and ready they did the job.. Huh?
Old 02-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Wow, 220 grain. I dont go past 120 with any of my compound bows.I dogo higher with trad bows so I can get the right spine. I bet it did put the smack down on that deer.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, I shoot a 543 grains at 21 % FOC. Hits like a javelin. We designed them for hogs, but if an occasional deer happens to cross my path, dead deer walking!

Think about it, if it works on trad. it will on compound. Forl years trad shooters have gone with heavy FOC and it's worked so the same thought behind this. I did have to go to 340 spine so I wouldn't be under spined. I usually shoot a 400 spine arrow, at 58#.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think the deer noticed what happened! It went through and the deer rambled off about 35 yards,good blood trail all the way.Who says you can't kill deer with boat anchors?
Old 02-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that "Daddy Russ" is going to help me figure out something in the 400 spine with 125 gr head,I figure that should work with my 60 d/w,I also like the looks of the 3 blade muzzy,the 2 blades seem like a airplane with no pilot...who's gonna steer it?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

the 2 blades seem like a airplane with no pilot...who's gonna steer it?
I dont have any trouble getting 2 blades to fly right

Thats what the fletching is for.

Stick to what you know best.

Doing those Travelocity commercials
Old 02-27-2008, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't start with me Hobbit! Lets get my arrows built first then I'll deal with you.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

So what part of the world is the roaming knome inthis week
Old 02-27-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

So what part of the world is the roaming knome inthis week
It's secret neither I or your wife will tell!
Old 02-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Yep, I shoot a 543 grains at 21 % FOC. Hits like a javelin. We designed them for hogs, but if an occasional deer happens to cross my path, dead deer walking!

Think about it, if it works on trad. it will on compound. Forl years trad shooters have gone with heavy FOC and it's worked so the same thought behind this. I did have to go to 340 spine so I wouldn't be under spined. I usually shoot a 400 spine arrow, at 58#.
True. I only use heavy heads so I can tune my trad gear. I havent had to worry much with compounds. Im cheap when it comes to tuning trad bows. I get a shaft in the range and cut to spine for the given head. Im too cheap to buy a bunch of different shafts or head . But you are right, works for trad bows so why not.

Quick Reply: broad head

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.