Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

my trip

Old 11-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default my trip

As some of you know I am going on a hog hunt, all the time I spent drooling over your pics and stories has come back to get me. We were going to go to Oklahoma after the 1st of the year but now there has been a change in plans. Our land owner/ friend is moving from Okemah, Oklahoma to Gainesville Texas after the 1st of the year . So our trip has been moved up to about two weeks from now. What I am looking for from you guys is a backup plan. We are hunting 300 privet acres but with a shortened time frame I would like to know if there are some ranches around Okemah that we could find some hogs on. I tried looking around but did not find anything. Thanks guys I am going crazy waiting for a chance at a hog.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: my trip

All I know is that you can't really count on hogs!

It seems the times I've gone to my land to "Hog Hunt" I never see any. When I'm just down there working or hunting something else I see some about 1/2 the time. I always bring my gun though!
Old 11-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I figured that I cant count on hogsSo I am trying to get a back up plan so if we have not scored on our own we can get some help. Or maybe get a ram or something.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

nothing hu? I found one in Okemah called Black mountain hunts, anyone ever herd of this ranch? Or know of any others in this area of Ok?
Old 11-20-2007, 07:48 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: npaden

All I know is that you can't really count on hogs!

It seems the times I've gone to my land to "Hog Hunt" I never see any. When I'm just down there working or hunting something else I see some about 1/2 the time. I always bring my gun though!
Amen, sometimes they are every where, others you cant find them. Ive been seeing them everywhere on my land, until this last weekend. I took out some friends to hunt. They wanted deer or hogs, or both. I assured them they would see hogs, but guess what? No hogs.

In that part of the country, try looking in the local thriftey Nickle want adds. I believe its called American Classified now. You can look it up on line. There are always guys on there with hog hunts. Any where from 100 bucks a day to 200-500 a weekend.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the heads up I will try to check it out
Old 12-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok time for an update. My friend has been driving me nuts because he cant give me a definite date for the trip. Well he called me to day to tell me that he is taking work off in the 2nd week of January. So now I have a date but I don't know where to hunt in TX. I have been doing searches but only come up with trophy hog hunts for $500, I just want to stick something with the old stick and string not a world class boar. Could someone help to get me in the right direction?
Old 12-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

not one hog in northern TX?
Old 12-12-2007, 09:34 PM

Try checking out Texas Boars .com, there are plentyofpig hunters on there, I have seen hunts as low as 75$/day. Let us know if you find something.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the suggestion I did not think of checking with them. Did not know it was so hard to find a place to hunt pigs