Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog hunt in NY

Old 11-22-2007, 07:50 AM

Default RE: Hog hunt in NY

PM sent gergie
Old 11-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, I never knew there were hogs up here. Cortland is not too far from me. What is a good place around here to try? Anything on Conn. Hill?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

Conn. Hill How is the deer hunting there? Not to hijack the thread or anything. but as far as your question the hogs ar enot that far south yet. How long it will take or if they even do is something I really can't answer.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't tell you about the deer hunting there. I hear it is good, but I hunt my own land, so can't say for sure. I have just never seen hogs around here or heard of any in the area.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

There is supposed to be quite a few wildboararound thenorthwest Cortland County and southwest Onondaga County lines.From Scott up to aroundOtisco. Call the DEC. There is a big push to hunt as many wild boar as possible. [/align]
Old 12-16-2007, 07:18 AM

I have been trying to find out as much info about boar hunting in NY as possible. Its how I found this place! So far all I have found is the name of a few towns in Cortland county to try. Anyone have more specific info they would like to share? Mainly a good spot to start looking.You can PM if you would like. Thank you.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: gergie

Conn. Hill How is the deer hunting there? Not to hijack the thread or anything. but as far as your question the hogs ar enot that far south yet. How long it will take or if they even do is something I really can't answer.
The hunting is generaly good. I have hunted there a few times myself. During bow season its not hard to find your own area. But as usaul it gets trickier during gun season. I have seen quite a few giant bucks come of the hill!