Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog everywhere

Old 11-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Hog everywhere

I went out Sat. afternoon to tag my last doe. I took out my recurve, since I had been ignoring it this season. Well, no deer, but man the hogs were everywhere. I ran them off all afternoon. Right before dark, I decided there was not going to be any deer, so I found a nice small hog and put an arrow in it. Now mark my words, once im done with the deer and go looking for hogs, i wont find them.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hog everywhere

Now mark my words, once im done with the deer and go looking for hogs, i wont find them.
Kent.

Thats the way it usually works.

Go hog hunting and all ya see is deer, go deer huntin and all ya see is hogs[8D]
Old 11-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

That happened to me this year dove hunting at the Brazos. No doves, but lots of hogs, and I'm standing there with only 71/2 bird shot.

Hey, have you seenole Rocky Strickland. His brothergot a jobfor some gas company, has a cushy job, now that's an oddity!It's hard to say Strickland and job in the same sentence ...
Old 11-07-2007, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know what you mean Kent. I have more hogs on my lease now than ever before. I've decided that if I see a hog while deer hunting I will rapidly switch gears to hog hunting.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:47 AM

I wish I had your problems!
Old 11-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

That happened to me this year dove hunting at the Brazos. No doves, but lots of hogs, and I'm standing there with only 71/2 bird shot.

Hey, have you seenole Rocky Strickland. His brothergot a jobfor some gas company, has a cushy job, now that's an oddity!It's hard to say Strickland and job in the same sentence ...
Said hi to Rocky yesterday at the Conoco.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now mark my words, once im done with the deer and go looking for hogs, i wont find them.
We have the same problem. Also when we try to hog hunt before the season we usually have deer everywhere.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:31 PM

I'm right outside Van Zandt County in Terrell (Kaufman County, TX)....wish someone would let me know where I can have a good chance at a hog around here! I keep having to travel to Freestone County in Teague, Tx to hunt pigs...can't find anyplace around here to hunt. Even went up to Ladonia/Wolfe City area and never saw a pig anywhere. Any help would be appreciated!

Billy
Old 11-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

My dog bagged another one this afternoon. It was a nice bonus after I guided a successful deer hunt.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: trueghst

I'm right outside Van Zandt County in Terrell (Kaufman County, TX)....wish someone would let me know where I can have a good chance at a hog around here! I keep having to travel to Freestone County in Teague, Tx to hunt pigs...can't find anyplace around here to hunt. Even went up to Ladonia/Wolfe City area and never saw a pig anywhere. Any help would be appreciated!

Billy
Patience Grasshopper! I can't have guests during deer season. Wait until January. I'm very close to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.