Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Looking for a Hog hunt

Old 11-07-2007, 03:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Looking for a Hog hunt

Bull,

Check out Addisons' Wild Boar Hunting web site. They are located in central Georgia. His operation is in Dodge county, but he lives across the river in Wilcox county. The owner, Bob, has been hunting hogs since he was a child following his father.

I've never hunted his land or stayed at his lodge, but hunted with him when we were young men, back in 60's. I've been to his lodge as a guest for a meal, nice place.

Hope this helps.

dog1
Old 11-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Spike

Another South Texas option for ya...
Cadena Ranch...We have around 9,000 acres of free roaming wildlife..NO high fence..!
LOTS of hogs and javelina's...Our camping is primative but we are only
$100.00 a day for 4 animals. 2 javey's and 2 hogs or 4 hogs.
None hunting guests are free and youth hunters 15 and under are free
with paid adult. We have folks that come down from VA. every year.
You WILL see animals and take shots..!!!

Hunt #1 Feb 4th to Feb 8th
Hunt #2 Feb 22nd to Mar 2nd
Hunt #3 Mar 7th to Mar 17th

We have a small web site we are working on...cadenaranch.com
Contact Brett Bolting
cell: (361) 947-9424
home: (361) 727-2685
email: [email protected]

Thanks
Brett
Old 11-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bull543

I am in va and am looking to travel to go on a Hog Hunt. What would be my closestbest bet...South Carolina/Georgia?
I am looking to go on a real hunt for free ranging hogs....no canned hunt with high fences. Can anybody recommend a Lodge or outfitter?
There are several places in South Carolina I would recommend if you are wanting to use an outfitter and free range.

1st - Bostick Plantation ( may be a little pricey but they have some huge hogs) http://www.bostick-plantation.com/

2nd - Cypress Creek ( a little bit cheaper than Bostick, good hogs, same part of lower S.C.) http://cypresscreekhunting.com/welcome.html

3rd - Gohagen's Guide service ( I have hunted with Marion a bunch of times and he is the man when it comes to hog hunting with or without dogs) http://www.gohagansguideservice.com/

Buck and Boar Plantation is the only commercial high fence enclosure in S.C. that I am aware of, so avoid that one if it has to be free range. Hope this helps you buddy!
Old 12-16-2007, 09:03 AM

ORIGINAL: mcraddock

ORIGINAL: Bull543

There are several places in South Carolina I would recommend if you are wanting to use an outfitter and free range.

1st - Bostick Plantation ( may be a little pricey but they have some huge hogs) http://www.bostick-plantation.com/
I would suggest that no one ever go to Bostick Plantation. I was there in Sept '07 on a throphy deer and hog hunt with a total of 30+ hunters. This was a four day hunt. There were a total of 3 deer seen (one doe killed) and 9 hogs (7 were the size of footballs) Of the two hogs that were killed one was killed next to the hog pen where they raise them. The place is falling apart and is now just a money operation. Very disappointed Very few animals. One of the hunters put out a trail camera on the corn feeders for four days only to get rabbits and squirrels.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:23 PM

Where are you located here in Texas? I would possibly be intrested in the hog hunt.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Spike

THANKS AJFRANK I CHECKED OUT BOSWICH SITE AND WAS IMPRESSED WITH WHAT THEY SAID AND HAD TO OFFER. GLAD YOU FORWARNED EVERYONE. ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THE OTHER GUIDES LISTED ABOVE.
THANKS HAPPY HUNTING