Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 #1 Aoudad hunt in Texas and can't beat the price >

#1 Aoudad hunt in Texas and can't beat the price

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

#1 Aoudad hunt in Texas and can't beat the price

Old 09-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Spike

Default #1 Aoudad hunt in Texas and can't beat the price

Last June I went and hunted the Coleman ranch in Ackerly, Texas (about 40 minutes North of Midland, Texas). It was the best hunt you can imagine. In a days hunt I saw at least 200 or more aoudad. And I saw 16 rams that were 30 inches or more (one was right at 34 inches). I shot one that was 32 inches with 12 inch bases at 200 yards. I will post pics tomorrow of the hunt and show the herds of aoudad plus the one I got. All this for $1250 plus 200 a day for guide/food/transportation! The cheapest I could find otherwise was $2500 plus. And getting a 30 inch ram is no problem. They actually have too many aoudad. One day is fine for a hunt I am sure. It is 3300 acres undr hugh fence and rough country with big canyons. hey also have other game but the aoudadis the best buy for sure. Their website is: http://www.colemanranches.com/outfitters/index.htm
Old 09-20-2007, 05:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: #1 Aoudad hunt in Texas and can't beat the price

ORIGINAL: westexasagent

Last June I went and hunted the Coleman ranch in Ackerly, Texas (about 40 minutes North of Midland, Texas). It was the best hunt you can imagine. In a days hunt I saw at least 200 or more aoudad. And I saw 16 rams that were 30 inches or more (one was right at 34 inches). I shot one that was 32 inches with 12 inch bases at 200 yards. I will post pics tomorrow of the hunt and show the herds of aoudad plus the one I got. All this for $1250 plus 200 a day for guide/food/transportation! The cheapest I could find otherwise was $2500 plus. And getting a 30 inch ram is no problem. They actually have too many aoudad. One day is fine for a hunt I am sure. It is 3300 acres undr hugh fence and rough country with big canyons. hey also have other game but the aoudadis the best buy for sure. Their website is: http://www.colemanranches.com/outfitters/index.htm
1250.00 to kill a goat... you gotta be out of your mind, or have money to burn.. I have some hunts you might be interested in... Contact me or Aussie and we can hook you up on an axis hunt for 2500.00...
Old 09-20-2007, 06:15 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: westexasagent

Hunted the Coleman ranch in Ackerly, Texas (about 40 minutes North of Midland, Texas). It was the best hunt you can imagine. All this for $1250 plus 200 a day for guide/food/transportation!

Old 09-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you think that's a steal, I've got some trophy hog hunting for $750/hog, plus $200 day for lodging/meals/beer.

Now, the hog hunting is a little slow this time of year. In fact, you may not see a hog. But if you don't, all it costs you is lodging/meals/beer, and you'll get half your trophy fee back.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh, and it is on a lot more than 3,300 acres. However, the owner(s) and the game warden don't like to see hogs, so it is very important if we do get a hog, to get them back across the fence to the truck and get gone very quickly.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Those things are all over Post Texas. Ive quite hunting them because the meat is so bad. The horns are cool, but not much more to them I want to keep. I cant imagine paying to kill one. It would be like paying to shot a hog.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

Shame on you guys! This guy's proud of his Aoudad and was passing along some good info for somebody else that might want to hunt one. I, for one, would like to take an Aoudad, just cause I never have.
This is a 'Hogs & Exotics' forum and I'd like to see more exotic posts on here! Can't believe you all would gang up on somebody like this.
You don't hear me downing somebody for paying to hunt a deer! Personally, I wouldn't give you a dollar to shoot one cause I've killed so many, but, I would pay to kill a hog or an Aoudad, just cause there aint any around here.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Agreed.

Savages![>:]
Old 09-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: North Texan

Agreed.

Savages![>:]
I agree too... If some of you guys know where we can hunt Aoudad for less, please post a location and the pricing information. I did a google search for "Aoudad hunting Texas" and the first several sites had prices two to three times what this gentleman posted. Aoudad are sheep, but not the usual "Texas Dall", "Hawaiian","Corsican", etc. that typically cost a lot less.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

That is a good deal for an Audad hunt and I am glad that he posted it. Just cause these other guys have places they can hunt and shoot hogs and Audads for free doesnt mean that everyone else does also.

Quick Reply: #1 Aoudad hunt in Texas and can't beat the price

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.