Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 High Gas Prices..How Much Will it Effect Your Hunting >

High Gas Prices..How Much Will it Effect Your Hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

High Gas Prices..How Much Will it Effect Your Hunting

Old 08-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default High Gas Prices..How Much Will it Effect Your Hunting

WITH GAS PRICES GOING THROUGH THE ROOF I WAS WONDERING HOW MUCH THAT WILL EFFECT YOUR DEER HUNTING THIS YEAR. I FOR ONE HAVE TO DRIVE ABOUT 50 MILES TO GET TO THE FARM I HUNT IN SOUTH TENNEESEE WHICH IS A 100 MILE ROUND TRIP. I HAVE NOT BEEN OUT TO THE FARM NEAR AS MUCH THIS YEAR AS LAST YEAR BECASUE OF THESE CRAZY FUEL PRICES ... IM SURE I WILL NOT SCOUT AS MUCH EITHER ... WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS ...HOW MUCH WILL IT EFFECT YOUR HUNTING SEASON IF ANY?

DD
Old 08-14-2005, 10:12 AM

Default RE: Hi Gas Prices..How Much Will it Effect Your Hunting

Well, instead of going out opening weekend and then the middle weekend, I'll go out opening weekend and come back two weeks later.
dean
Old 08-14-2005, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh yeah.... Same here... Just yesterday, I drove 1:45 minutes to scout a new tract of land for a (hopefully) new hunt club. While I was on the road, I kept seeing gas prices constantly at $2.39, $2.41, etc...and that was for the cheap stuff!! [&:][:@] (Edited: I mean TWO THIRTY NINE and TWO FORTY ONE)!

Here in Richmond, VA to really get to the good spots, you gotta drive 2 hours at max to the Blue Ridge Mts or northwest to the rolling farm lands of northern VA. Gas prices will most likely have a dramatic affect on this coming hunting season. I, for one, have been toying with the idea of going out of state to Ohio (a neighbor moved here from southern Ohio and told me all about it). They have MONSTER bucks in Ohio!!! I mean, there ain't nothing there but rolling farm field of corn with the state forests mixed in here and there. I wrote to Ohio DNR and got all these pamphlets and maps and all sorts of info on deer hunting in Ohio. But now with the gas prices the way they are, I am not so sure I want to take the trip!!!!
Old 08-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was talking to my neighbor about this very subject this morning. I only have to crank my 4 wheeler to get to myhunting place in Texas, but my neighbor has a 50 mile round trip to his place. My biggest concern is myOklahomaland which is 1000 miles round trip. I am planning at least 3 or 4 trips hunting and another couple to scout and plant food plots (plus at least 1 hunt for waterfowl). At $2.46 for diesel,I will be spending some serious money this year. My only break this year is that I have a place to stay for free and can cook instead of eating out. That should save meenough to offset the additional fuel cost. I HOPE!!!
Old 08-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

BUTCH YOU MUST HAVE MENT 2.39 AND 2.41 PER ..NOT 1.39 OR 1.41 ..IF YOU DID SEE GAS THAT CHEAP UP THERE YOU NEED TO BUY A TANKER FULL BUDDY ... I NEVER IN MY LIFE WOULD HAVE THOUGHT I WOULD CALL 1.50 PER CHEAP FUEL ...

DD
Old 08-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Dominant Buck

DD, ButchA is a young buck, he never seen gas at .14cents a gal at Super Test
gas stations, back in 1953. Now thatwas good gas prices.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

It won't affect my hunting at all. My closest stand is a 5-6 minute walk from my front door. The furtherest is about a 30 minute drive one way. If you live out in the country, try talking to the small land owners. That stand that is a 5-6 minute walk from the house is on 10 acres. And I have killled several deer there.
Scott Woody
Old 08-14-2005, 11:40 AM

Default RE: High Gas Prices..How Much Will it Effect Your Hunting

I will only spend two nights at camp this year,due to the fact that my camp is heated with a kerosene
stove,it is very expensive to heat.

Old 08-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gas prices will definitely play a roll in my hunting. I will not go out as often that’s for sure.
Hey D.D. , so why such big and bold fonts. Afraid old guys like me can’t read your comments.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

The land I hunt is about 110 miles one way. I went up Friday to scout 678 more acres to lease. I filled up that morning at $2.379 and when I got back to the same station that afternoon it was $2.569. Long as business is good though, I intend to continue hunting the same area.

Quick Reply: High Gas Prices..How Much Will it Effect Your Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.