Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

new to central texas

Old 05-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Spike

Default new to central texas

hey guys, just got to ft hood end of march, and am wanting to try hunting hogs. was thinking of trying on post, but have alot of scouting to do to find hogs. i'll probably start at water holes and work my out from there and see what i can find, trails to and from etc. i would also like to find some private land to hunt hogs on, and also to trap coyotes later in the year. from what understand the ranchers in the area dislike both, was just wondering how you folks get in touch with landowners to find places to hunt. also any scouting advice would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:12 AM

Default RE: new to central texas

Just go door to door asking if they have any problems with hogs and yotes. Tell them that you would love to take care of there problem and let them know that you would use bow or rifle to give them a choice. Just don't stop asking people and maybe put out a sign or two at the nearest hardware or feed stores.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Howdy catch! Welcome to the forum and welcome to Texas! I live down the road from you.....Burnet County. I'm assuming you are in the military or civilian support. THANKS! You folks are doing a great job and it is much appreciated.
Most Texas landowners are very supportive of our military and I'd be sure and tell them about yourself if I were you. Also, I've had luck in the past offering to do work, chores, etc. in exchange for hunting privileges. That might work for you.
Don't know how you are about paying to hunt hogs but I'm booked at this place near Bertram on the 16th.... http://www.dbhogranch.com/
I just got into hog hunting this year and don't have any contacts in the area for free hunting....but I'm working on it.
Where you from? Ray
Old 05-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll see what I can do to help you out.