Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 "Wild Hog Hunting": Anyone read this? >

"Wild Hog Hunting": Anyone read this?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

"Wild Hog Hunting": Anyone read this?

Old 03-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default "Wild Hog Hunting": Anyone read this?

Has anyone here read the book, "Wild Hog Hunting" by Craig Marquette? I was thinking of buying a copy but I'd like someone's review before I decide.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: "Wild Hog Hunting": Anyone read this?

ORIGINAL: Grunter Hunter

Has anyone here read the book, "Wild Hog Hunting" by Craig Marquette? I was thinking of buying a copy but I'd like someone's review before I decide.

Thanks
GH, it's always good to read all you can on anything. I have a saying about reading, "The Person Who Doesn't Read, IsAs Ignorant As the Person Who Can't".

Ibelieve there are SeasonedHog Hunters on this forum that are from all the States in the US and have hunted Hogs longer than Craig Marquette and on different terrain and many different ways.

I believe you will learn more here than from C. Marquette.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

Reb, didn't know you was a hog-hunting philosopher! That's pretty deep. But, ya see, I've been here long enough to realize the value of this group's opinions, and therefore, I'm seeking their views on whether this book is worth spending the money on. Besides, I have a saying to, "Someone who limits their knowledge to one source, is limited in knowledge." LOL!

Have a great one!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

There are two "modern" books available on present time hog hunting.... for the life of me I can not remember the respective authors... one was written by a guy from Maryland who is a taxidermist, and the other by two guys from Florida... both books are very very similar (I own both) and are informational.

I thought the book by the two guys from Florida was written better, but I maybe a little bit biased on that LOL

OK.. looked it up on Amazon.com.... C.Marquette was one of the FL authors, Tripplet was the author of the other book. Both books had the same info in it.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ibelieve there are SeasonedHog Hunters on this forum that are from all the States in the US and have hunted Hogs longer than Craig Marquette and on different terrain and many different ways.

Yep he got most of his info off this very forum
Old 03-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's why I've been hanging around here for awhile! I learn something everytime Iland on this forum. My Momma didn't raise no fools......
Old 03-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Gruntr Huntr

Reb, didn't know you was a hog-hunting philosopher!
Why do you say that, cause I have been doing it for over 50yrs?

That's pretty deep.
It's your prerogative to think that way!

But, ya see, I've been here long enough to realize the value of this group's opinions,
Many of these guys can prove what they say and back it up! Many will invite you to join them if there is any doubt.
Besides, I have a saying to, "Someone who limits their knowledge to one source, is limited in knowledge." LOL!
The topic here is Hogs!Lol
Old 03-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here are the links to Amazon to look at thereviews and at the books:

The Complete Book of Wild Boar Hunting: Tips and Tactics That Will Work Anywhere
http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Book-Wild-Boar-Hunting/dp/1592284280/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b/102-9431484-6778523?ie=UTF8&qid=1173811773&sr=8-1

Wild Hog Hunting (Paperback)
http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Hog-Hunting-Craig-Marquette/dp/0966118308/ref=sr_1_1/102-9431484-6778523?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173811773&amp ;sr=8-1

Old 03-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks everybody for your input. Sounds like the books are similar in content. I have T. Triplett's book and read it, so, guess I'll pass on the other one.I'll spendthat moneyon some 'hog-killing boollets' !

Thanks again and have a great weekend