Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Ohio Hunting

Old 02-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Default Ohio Hunting

Hey guys, I live in North Eastern Ohio and was wondering if there are any places to hunt hogs in my area. I saw three wild hogs on a farm four years ago while bow hunitng, but that was before I was interested in hunting them. I know Ohio has an open season for them but I never hear of people harvesting them. SO are most of the hogs in southern ohio or am i just not in a good area. any help would be appreciated, thanks
Old 02-10-2007, 05:10 PM

Default RE: Ohio Hunting

I hunt East Central Ohio and to date I have not seen any hogs at all. There are people I have spoken to that have seen them here but haven't got to shoot any yet. I cant wait to give it a try. I have been wanting to hunt hog all my life. I never imagined it would be done from my own county.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:01 AM

Default RE: Ohio Hunting

The Ohio DNR has some information on their web. Here the link.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/Hunting/wildboar/wildboarhunting.html

Most areas of concentration are in the southern two/thirds of the state. Belmont county is the nearest to the NE Ohio.