Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Nice boar.  Shot on film too, take a look >

Nice boar. Shot on film too, take a look

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Nice boar. Shot on film too, take a look

Old 12-06-2006, 09:01 PM

Default Nice boar. Shot on film too, take a look

Howzit everyone, I thought I would share this video with you all of a boar I shot on sunday. I hiked about 8 miles solo into the Hilo Forest Reserve (Big Island, Hawaii) in order to get data for my GIS class project mapping feral cattle distributions. About 7 miles or so in, I came across this boar standing in a field. The footage pretty much says it all. I got 25 yards away but the wind wasn't too good so he eventually knew something was up and just as I got set up, he bolted and I made a snapshot just before he made it to cover. Although it dropped him, the first shot turned out to have only paralyzed him and after waiting a moment and realizing he wasn't dieing any time soon, I poped him again. I hope you all enjoy it because I'm very proud of the video and although the clip is only of 2 minutes, Ifilmed about 20 minutes of good edited footage to put on TV.
[/align]
[/align]I saw many feral cattle on this trip and although none presented a shot, it was one of the funnest days hunting I've had in years. Also shot a 40 pound boar off camera a little later and filmed a herd of 9 healthy looking pigs as I was comming out. I passed on a 20 yard shot. Left them for another day. I was using a 20-gauge Remington 870 Express Magnum with slugs.
[/align]
[/align]http://www.huntingfootage.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=4010
[/align]Follow the link to my videos at HuntingFootage.com and it's the one titled "Running Shot Boar, HI" with the picture of a gun barrel and muzzle blast going off.
[/align]
Old 12-07-2006, 12:53 AM

Default RE: Nice boar. Shot on film too, take a look

Right on Nicolai,
Nice boar. We bein doing all right in Koke'e with pigs. Meat in the freezer .
Did that sheep get an arrow in it? Couldnt tell from video.
Take care
Old 12-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Nice boar. Shot on film too, take a look

Congrads on the nice hog. Next time, you might want to put a 2nd shot in him right away so there is minimal suffering. (sorry,I'm a proponent ofminimal suffering) Just a though, but good shooting on the run. Enjoy the meat.