Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Walking up on a bunch of wild pigin thickett >

Walking up on a bunch of wild pigin thickett

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Walking up on a bunch of wild pigin thickett

Old 11-19-2006, 12:14 PM

Default Walking up on a bunch of wild pigin thickett

I will post story tonight , got to go now. But all I can say is the canvas of trees and bushes started shaking like an earthquake, and then we shot one and all hell broke loose. Talk later
Old 11-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Walking up on a bunch of wild pigin thickett

I know what you mean. On opening day of bow season, I walked up on a group of about 7 hogs that evening going to one of my stands. They ranged from about 100lbs to 300lbs. I was about 10 yards to them when we all noticed each other and the hogs went every direction. After I cleaned my underwear out, I went to another stand...LOL.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:12 AM

So we hunted in the morning from stands for deer or pigs , no luck. Went cliffside for goats at noon and got to 15 yards with a little billy up in a tree , yes all four legs in a tree nibbling on leaves . Anyways waited for him to turn and give me an angle and he slipped right behind a branch and a nanny caught on to what was going on and sounded the alarm[:@]Then in the afternoon we saw a hillside that looked to have some pig rooting going on. So we pulled to the side and went snoopin. Stumbled onto their trail and followed it about 60 yards until we heard a snort. WHOA , this is big. We stood still and wathced through a thick blanket of guava and other trees And just listened. We could see all these area's around us shaking and so much sound. Grunts , snorts , pushing , rooting and smashing. I wanted to push in for a shot or go around but my pal said to wait. So we did. Then they started to come towards us maybe 8 yards through a little tunnel. FULL DRAW Out first was a little sow (30 pds) It saw us and stopped. My friend shot it from neck into lungs and I waited hoping the bigger ones would charge or come out . Well the little sow backed up into the other pigs and all hell broke out. For a good ten seconds they went bazerk. Here ,there, in out , so loud. They went to one side , my right and through the branches saw a big black boar, a white , black 70 pounder a 100 pound sow and then another littl black pigglet. Then they came back and bailed. LESSON LEARNED : If I see another big pig I might cance the shot. 20 yards through twigs.?. What would you all of done.??Its not fun to wound or not recover game , but it sucks passing up a possible shot. Anyways first time a found the den of pigs and I hope not the last. Meat is in the freezer. Thanks all for eveything.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:01 PM

awesome story exciting hunt