Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

east tn public land hogs

Old 08-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default east tn public land hogs

is there anybody who hunts in east tn and knows where to find hogs at. they say there is a pretty good population in the big south fork but i have not found any.so if any one has any wisdom on to were to find them in east tn with out having to pay to hunt them it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:51 PM

Default RE: east tn public land hogs

there are hogs in the mountains but extremely hard to find unless you spend countless hours scouting and have a good pack of hounds sense these hogs up here don't care a bit to move to the next county! i know there are good populations of hogs in cocke county as well as blount county, and have heard of good numbers further south in the mountains. there are hogs on the bsf but you'll have to go very deep to find them. though i do most of my hunting down that way on private land.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

do u sell guided hunts or would u consider taking afriend along for the heck of it.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:24 PM

i do both, usually all i ask of friends is a split of gas. but someone coming to hunt wanting me to bust hind end till they get their hog or hogs or bear are lookin at a good chunk of change per day. where i hunt them they will sometimes cover several hundered acers before baying and the terrain is rough unless i can catch a group or solitary boar on the river bottoms or farmlands.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Typical Buck

well were do u hunt at??what would it take to meet up and do a little hog hunting at no cost besides stuff like gas and etc.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:20 PM

i hunt where i'm finding sign. could be anywhere from private property on the river bottoms and farmland to some of the roughest mountains you'll ever go through. as far as meeting me it would all depend on when i'm seeing sign and have time to go. where are you located? if it's close enough for me to give you a call when i happen to be going and am on good sign is the best way to go for free sense i've got my freezer pretty well full there is no use for me to kill right now so i wouldn't mind having someone along incase i get on something that needs taken out of the gene pool
Old 08-21-2006, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

im located in morgan county.that would be awsome to go.i never have taken a hog but im ready.well take it easy.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:41 PM

ok i do a lot of hunting in greene and cocke county how far is that for you to drive? if you are close enough i'll be needing some contact info so i can call you from the field if need be.