Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog ranches

Old 06-06-2006, 07:01 PM

Default Hog ranches

I live in northern michigan, so wild hogs don't roam the woods to often. I just graduated from high school, and have always wanted to hunt pigs. THe problem is what ranch should i go to. I like the looks of Ted nugents safri, but it's 5 hours away. The renegade ranch is only an hour away, but it costs 550 and the hogs look small, and tame. Teds look mean. Has anyone hunted any hog ranches in michigan, experiences with ranches etc.... I plan to bow hunt with traditional equipment also.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:36 AM

Default RE: Hog ranches

leow,
I also was looking at the renegade ranch and was seriously considering it until they never returned my emails when i asked them questions or if they did it was like 2 weeks later. there is another place up there to hunt hogs,go here: www.michigantrophyhunts.com the exception is they only offer hunts in the beginning of the year so you would have to wait until January to go.

A little more info on renegade ranch, the 550 includes a 200lb hog, lodging for three nights and breakfast, plus the guides will take care of your hog for you. But you need to make arrangements for a butcher to process your hog if you don't want to do it yourself