Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

I QUIT!

Old 05-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default I QUIT!

I went out yesterday evening scouting for new stand locations. Any time I go to my lease I also make it a hog hunting trip. Well, no more. I sweat my rear end off last night, I got ticks and chiggers, about a million mosquito bites, (I forgot my Thermacell),and I fell in a pretty nasty wallow trying to drag a dead hog out of it. I shot a sow that went about 100lbs, her litter ran off and I went to get her for a photo since it was too hot to think about saving the meat. Well I slipped in the mud and I ended up pretty messy, from shoulders to shoes! I did get the sow out but gave up on the pic. I didn't want to get my camera out of its ziplock bag. I'm sure glad I keep a change of clothes in the truck. I think I'm done hunting hogs until fall when the weather cools off.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I QUIT!

we have some hot conditions here......i hate hearing of a sow being shot with lil pigs and especially wasted meat.....why'd you shoot it if you werent going to take it......hunting in the hotter climates makes me know that theres no time to waste after the kill....and believe me, i've almost passed out a couple of times, but i always brought the meat home.....gutt it inthe field if you need to cool it down.....i know alot of folks dont want them on their leases and i'm not ragging on you, just don't understand......
Old 05-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: huntnma

i hate hearing of a sow being shot with lil pigs and especially wasted meat.....why'd you shoot it if you werent going to take it......
10-4, never shoot a Piggy Sow! If they are notweaned yet, they are not going to make it!
Old 05-22-2006, 01:20 PM

[:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 05-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

The reason I shot it is because I don't want the piggies to make it. The overpopulation of hogs on this property is rediculous. Pastures and crops are being seriusly damaged and we have to get the numbers down. I hate to think I'm helping yotes get a free pork meal but I have to do something and the land owner really wants us to do something. I do regret leaving the meat. That was wasteful and I usually bring it to a homeless shelter in Dallas. I'll try not to do that again. I have a full freezer but not everyone is so fortunate. I will continue to kill momma sows and afew suckling pigs too but I will do my best not to be wasteful.I was just PO'd about being so dang muddy.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: huntnma

i hate hearing of a sow being shot with lil pigs and especially wasted meat.....why'd you shoot it if you werent going to take it......
10-4, never shoot a Piggy Sow! If they are notweaned yet, they are not going to make it!
Unless your goal is eradication. A lot of people around here just want them gone. They aren't a native species and they are very, very destructive.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

playing in the mud is fun........lol......just think of all that hog pee in that wallow, now that would be a lil gross, lol.....i'm glad to hear you usually take the meat to the homeless shelter and i understand about eradication.....

NT,a hog being destructive, no way, i dont believe it,lmao..........just pickin', lol........
Old 05-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: North Texan

Unless your goal is eradication. A lot of people around here just want them gone. They aren't a native species and they are very, very destructive.
Tex, we have the same problem here in FL.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:58 PM

txrookie ; The reason I shot it is because I don't want the piggies to make it. The overpopulation of hogs on this property is rediculous. Pastures and crops are being seriusly damaged and we have to get the numbers down.
understand that ; ever try and trap them? you can get mama and all the littleones; and some good eating ones also.don't have to worry bout getting them out after dark.can clean them in the morning while it's cool.

one I got a few weeks back,put him in the trailer and cut him.wild ones around here bring more money than tame hogs.they ship them across the big pond (Japan and Chnia).mo $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 05-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

he's got a long ol snout on him......

Quick Reply: I QUIT!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.