Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Hog Hunters share your storys. >

Hog Hunters share your storys.

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Hunters share your storys.

Old 03-22-2006, 08:14 AM

Default Hog Hunters share your storys.

I am looking for hunting story's for RMOA's hunting e-mag, here is the website RMOATV, we need short story's about any big game hunts. If you could send pictures with your story that would be great. here is the contact e-mail address [email protected]
Thanks..

Dr. Mike [align=right][/align]

Old 03-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hog Hunters share your storys.

I highly recommend this organization. It is a top notch quality organization made up of Christian men and women who love the outdoors and want to share that with the world. Mike Brooks is a great guy.. so if you guys have somehog stories you want to share with the world, now is your chance!

Rebel and Burnie this is your chance.. This is a great organizaion to get involved in.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:09 PM

as long as some of us have been hog hunting this could become a long long tread
Old 03-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Ill have to check it out Rev.. I have problems thinking of stories. They usually just come to me during a conversation. So when one hits, ill post it.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Will this work.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1457900

Old 03-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Will this work.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1457900

I think Mike Brooks is looking for something a little closer to the truth...But I believe you Burnie...

Old 03-23-2006, 06:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Rev
I think you have missed out on the Bigfoot hunts. The last few years here we have had an on going joke about bigfoot hunting. As you could tell, the only ethical way to kill a bigfoot is to hit it in the head with a Keg.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Rev
I think you have missed out on the Bigfoot hunts. The last few years here we have had an on going joke about bigfoot hunting. As you could tell, the only ethical way to kill a bigfoot is to hit it in the head with a Keg.

[/align]

Old 03-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Dominant Buck

The Hog Race

One January morning, two buddies and I took to the field for a hog hunt. Members of our party included my long time hunting buddy named Michael and college buddy named Steve. Michael and I have hunted and fished together for most of our lives, where as Steve was new to the hunting game. Steve had bought a new hunting bowprior tosummer and had spent five monthstuninghis bow skills for the up coming deer season. Steve was not new to archery, but was new to hunting. Deer season proved to be fruitless for Steve so Michael and I decided to get him out after the hogs in hopesof harvesting his first animal. This particular morning was shaping up to be a good one. It was a cool crisp Texas morning. A light rain had loosened up the tough Texas clay the night before, making it perfect conditions for a stalking, if need be. The land we were hunting was between two small West Texas towns, Swenson and Peacock, on a friends ranch. This ranch was home to cattle and a few penned ostriches. Michael and I have hunted this land many times, and found the hogs liked to travel next to the ostrich pens and wallow and root around in the adjacent wheat field. Most of the hogs harvest from this land are harvested in this area. We arrive at the rancharound 5:30am, about an hour before sun up. We decide to set Steve up near the ostrich pens, where he would have thebest chance of harvesting a hog. The ostrich pens are made of 6 foot high R-panels, so the birds are impossible to see unless they stick their heads over the pen walls. Steve did not realize what he was setting near because of the dark, and since the earth was wet, the ostriches made little noise moving around in their pen. At first light the hogs start making their way to the wheat field. Im watching them through my binocularsas they make their waystraight to Steve. I set back and watch, getting excited, knowing Steve is about to get his first chance at harvesting a nice hog. The hogs walk straight to Steve. Steve is in a make shift blind of tumble weeds and brush that he had propped up against the ostrich pen. I can see Steve pick up his bow and start to draw. Just as he starts to draw, the hogs make a turn out of his view. He waits patiently for a few minutes, as the hogsstart moving away. When the hogs turn their back to him, Steve picks up his bow and moves slowly along the wall of the ostrich pen. He gets in position to make a perfect quartering away shot on a hog. He draws, and just before he releases, an ostrich reaches over the pen and pulls his hat off his head. Since he did not know of the ostriches behind him, he was startled, to say the least. The ostrich plucks his hat of his head, he releases his arrow blindly in the air and takes off running. Now Steve is not a real fit fellow, but this day he could have set a new world record in the 100 meter dash. In the mean time, the hogs are spooked, but have no clue where the commotion was coming from, so they scatter in all directions. As Steve was running and screaming, he ended upalmost overtaking a hog or two and was gaining ground on the others. Buy this time, im laughing wildlywhile watching all this take place in my binoculars. Michael, who was set up about 200 yards from Steve, did not know what was going on. He hears the commotion and looks all around to try to see what was taking place. In a matter of seconds, Michael sees the hogs and Steve sprintingpasthim. Stevelooked just like he was in a foot race with the hogs. As Steve gets close to Michael, I can hear Michael scream, "Your not suppose tochase-em, Your suppose to shoot em." Today that is still one of my favorite hunt. Steve eventually got a hog that afternoon. I enjoyed the morning hunt the most.
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]Is that more like it.

Here is Steves first bow hog.
[/align][/align][/align]
Old 03-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Try these two, www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx.?m=1381120 and www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx.?m=1370520 I'm not the greatest story teller ever but I did my best. OK, I see that didn't work. The only other way I know to find them is to just go back through 90 days worth of posts. Sorry.