Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 You and Neighboring Hunters, do you share info? >

You and Neighboring Hunters, do you share info?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

You and Neighboring Hunters, do you share info?

Old 11-08-2006, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default You and Neighboring Hunters, do you share info?

Generally, I'll tell them, yeah I saw a couple bucks, I shot a doe, etc... But If I see a true whopper, 140" or better, my mouth is shut. Do you tellneighoring huntersif you have put in a food plot or your land, for fear they may set up near you trying to harvest deer coming off your property?Do you share with them if you have trail cam pics of big deer, where the deer are moving on your property etc..? It seems alot of hunters view neighboring hunters as competition and not companions. How is it in your situation?
Old 11-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: You and Neighboring Hunters, do you share info?

My "neighbors" don't let me hunt on their land......so I don't feel compelled to share anything with them OR anyone else around home. I just don't see ANYTHING "good" coming from it.

Jeff
Old 11-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I tell them I have seen couple doe's and fawns everytime I go out[8D]

Old 11-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

My neighbor huntshis 1acre finger off ofmy 30 acres....he's a nice guy. We shed hunt my ground and his, help each other drag if we are there. I helped him put up his ladder stand, and he helped me clear an atv path on my ground.It's a nice deal, heck he even stays as far from my line as possible, and I never asked him to. I've invited him to hunt on me before, but he always says he doens't want to impose. Last year he hunted on my ground late in the season because he hadn't killed a deer. He took a nice doe and tried to give me the meat. I wish there were more guys like him out there.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:42 AM

I have a great situation were I hunt. I have permission to hunt 3 different timbers on 2 owners land. There are 2 other guys that also hunt this area. We share info and one of the guys has even set a stand up for me to use this year if i want. We talk on the phone reg. and share as much info as we can. It really has made hunting this area very enjoyable.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I only share info with one hunting neighbor. He farms alot of the lands near me and his crops are what feeds them!

He lets me hunt on his place as long as I don't kill any bucks before he has a chance at them - he only gun hunts and doesn't get out more than a few times during the season. He's a very nice guy who would give the shirt off his back and we call each other about big buck sightings and such. Successes are driven over th the other's house to show each other what is hanging around.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Of course we do , that's what good neighbors do .
Old 11-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

Good to hear some still share hunting experiences and success between neighbors, I would like to be on good terms with all my neighbors, it can only help the situation.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

My neighbor helps me with the atv trails,scouting, stand hanging,trail cam pics. I let him hunt on my land when I not there. Outside of him I don't see anything. My land borders county land so mum's the word.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I talk with 2 of the 3 neighbors at our property. They are all great guys and respectable sportsman. We have an agreement that if one of us has to track a deer onto the others' land, then so be it. I've even had the neighbor and his kid help with a tracking job. And yes, we share info on what is running around the property - seeing as our land borders theirs, it only makes sense - anyone could get the "big one" and that is understood.