Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Ck out these Tennessee Extreme Hoss's >

Ck out these Tennessee Extreme Hoss's

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Ck out these Tennessee Extreme Hoss's

Old 03-11-2006, 07:30 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Ck out these Tennessee Extreme Hoss's

Here it is.

Old 03-11-2006, 02:06 PM

oh i had almost forgotten about that little guy were his ears in kinda rough shape? they should have been. see if this pics looks like what you saw there

Old 03-11-2006, 04:49 PM
bigcountry

Yep, thats him. We were on one and then matt yelled on the radio that they got one "caught". Didn't actually know what it meant. Showed up, and it was torn all to pieces by the dogs. I just felt like crap for the fella. I didn't want to kill one like that. I was told months earlier I could pass on one I didn't want, but there it is.

Old 03-11-2006, 05:15 PM

you could have not taken it they would have put him out of his misery he was lucky the day i caught him that i was pretty close to the dogs or mine would have probly had him ripped to pieces before i could have gotten there

Old 03-11-2006, 05:56 PM
bigcountry

I wished I did pass. I kept telling matt and bruce, I thought these were supposed to be some big hogs.. They just ignored me. My brother got a big one however. The one I wanted kept chargin us every time we go near this "jose hole". And finally my other buddy shot it with a gun.

Old 03-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

bigcountry, I can't believe how much negative crap you have to say about TN extreme. Our hunting party had 3 bowhunters and we all killed hogs over 300 pounds. 2 scoring high in the WWT record books. And did you previously say something about the hogs not being agressive? I'll just bite my tongue and say thats 'bull'. I dont know how many times I saw Jeff's dogs get thrown in the air, or how many times we got charged by boars with the intent to do damage. All 3 of us agreed it was the most exciting hunt any of us have been on, and 2 of the guys have several p&y bears, elk and whitetail on their walls. Personally I thought Matt, Jeff and the rest of the guys had an A+ set-up.

[/align]
Old 03-12-2006, 08:18 AM

josey's hole is a bad place for anything to bay up no way to get a shot at it but to get in there with it or hope it charges you and stays out long enough to get it killed. i've had my dogs catch hogs in there and had to crawl in there with them to get the hog out.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:33 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: psebwhntr16

bigcountry, I can't believe how much negative crap you have to say about TN extreme. Our hunting party had 3 bowhunters and we all killed hogs over 300 pounds. 2 scoring high in the WWT record books. And did you previously say something about the hogs not being agressive? I'll just bite my tongue and say thats 'bull'. I dont know how many times I saw Jeff's dogs get thrown in the air, or how many times we got charged by boars with the intent to do damage. All 3 of us agreed it was the most exciting hunt any of us have been on, and 2 of the guys have several p&y bears, elk and whitetail on their walls. Personally I thought Matt, Jeff and the rest of the guys had an A+ set-up.

[/align]
Ok, lets get into the hunt and explain it in detail. I have several friends that went with me, that have been on the hunting page a lot longer than you and we all agreed, this really isn't hunting. But we were able to move that aside if it was exciting enough. I have bit my tongue for over a year now.

We show up, and matt didn't even bother to know our names. Only knew the one guy that organized it. We were referred to "where's that bow guy, or where's that rifle guy. Ok fine. Bruce was very nice to me however, but only because we grew up in the same town. Overall, I liked him and the young boy that was running the dogs. The land was alot smaller than the other outfits in TN. We saw every piece of that land. I was told on the phone it was 100acres. Maybe, but the part we were not told was it was partitioned but goats and other exotics. Ok, fine. They were pushing us like animals to get our kill. I was fine but little fatigued but one guy was little out of shape and wanted to rest a few times, and Matt looked at us like what are you guys doing. So I told him, I thought this was a 2 day hunt???? He just turned around. I mean it was freakin 11AM first day. Come to find out he had another party in there. And was expecting two more the next day. Telling us it was a 2 day hunt gives a hunter the idea its real hunting. Ok, fine, my brother was the last to take his hog, and shot with the bow but hit high. It was far from dead, and the dogs had it and Matt jumped on it and held it down yelling for us to come and get it. He looked at my brother and said to stab it. He did reluntantly. We didn't want to get the animals this way. But we kinda had enough of the operation. It was clear they just wanted us to get our animals and get off the property. One guy that came with us wanted a gold metal dall ram (i think), He kept calling and calling before the week makeing sure Matt got one. Oh yea, matt said, its a definate gold metal. He also gave the impression there were alot of exotics and he could hunt and pick one he wanted. The only animla in that pen was one ram and he was not a gold metal. So Joe looked at me taping and saw it and became upset. He said thats a regular dall. Nothing special. So he asked the guys if he could find another one in the pen. Nope, thats it. We could almost go up and pet it. None of us wanted to rock the boat, so he figured he drove down 8 hours, so might as well make the best of it. That hunt lasted 15 min tops. Wow, real hunting. Next day we come to pick up the meat, Matt didn't bother to get up and send us off or help, he just looked at us and said, "its outback". We went out and got our meat, while the guy who shot the dall, sat there and argued with him about price. He got it down to a regular price, fortunatley, Joe brought all the documentation showing what was and what wasn't a gold metal from game preserves across the country.

I was told all his hogs were over 150lbs, and most averaged 200lbs. And asked how many was in there, "he said some was in there for so long they had thier own mailboxs". This was not true, there was just enough for the two parties in there. Again, gives the hunter the idea that you really hunting. My hog was barely over 90lbs maybe and gitrbayed just verifyed that.

Maybe its your cup of tea. Maybe you enjoy it.But I have been at this hunting alot longer than you.Nothing wrong with that. But for me, I am going to FL or TX from now on for real hunting like Rebel does. If it takes 4 days so be it. If I don't bring back the meat, thats hunting. Now, I would love to go catching real hogs with gitrbayed, that sounds fun. I take some of the responsibility and if I had to do over again, I would insisted on using that 2nd day on a real 200lb hog.

I will let you guys be the judge on whether thats some good hunting or not.

Old 03-12-2006, 03:51 PM

ok i'm going to put it this way my dogs are used to having to hunt open country and cover a place weither it be 100 acers or 500 acers in no time makeing it seem like it's eaisy. i regularly travel out of state to hunt hogs and do so year round. i've had eaiser days hunting in the swamps of ga than some days i've spent guiding hunts at tn extreme. the hog you killed had been in there for quiet some time the pics i posted were taken in the spring. when was it you were there? when i guide hunts i make ita point to talk to the hunters and treat them like good friends. on pse's hunt i was there soley for the purpose of handling dogs which ended up being a job in it's self to the point i would not have wanted to have been having to watch hunters and try to handle dogs even though i could have done it and have several times at different lodges and outfitting services all over the southeast. you must have been there at one of those times when they were gettin low on hogs hogs are usually in there for a fairly long amount of time dependin on how much of a hiding place they can find or push another hog out of. the hog you killed was the smallest hog i've ever seen in there most hogs there are between 150 and 200 with an average of around 165. i do not do the ram hunts i'm a hog hunter only hell i don't even like doin spot and stalk hog hunts. i've killed well over 100hogs in my life and all of them had dogs on them. so i can't put an opnion on the ram hunts. i've had hunts in the wild where we droped the tailgate and had hogs caught in actual minutes of them hitting the ground. sorry you had a bad experence. but hogs will come get ya i've had several frinends get cut really bad by hogs and have had several close calls myself. they are a dangerous ainimal and not to be taken lightly.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok, I guess Ill throw my .02 in. I am one of the "other" guys that went with Bigcountry. I have kept quiet because I didnt want to rock the boat. But when someone advertises on here and theres a possibility that one of my friends on huntingnet might book with TN extreme, I feel its my responsibility to at least present a fair representation of what happened. Bigcountry was truthful in everything he posted (and I would tell you if he didnt) It was not a 2 day hunt as advertised, it was a morning session and then another group of guys coming in behind us. After I witnessed the first 2 shooters basically walk up to a group of hogs that were cornered by dogs, and shoot them at ~ 10 yards with a .243 I realized this was not for me. I then spoke with Bruce about going for my hog by myself without dogs or guide. He said that was fine and told me where I should sit. I ended up shooting a hog that got separated from the group it weighed 187 lbs and I was pleased with its size ( it looks nice on my wall). All in all I did feel like it was a very hurried hunt and not very personable. I liked our guide Bruce and the other young guy helping out (cant remember his name) however I was not overly impressed with the operation. I would not recommend this hunt to any of my friends, nor would I return.

Quick Reply: Ck out these Tennessee Extreme Hoss's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.