Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Lots of tracks, but no hogs >

Lots of tracks, but no hogs

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Lots of tracks, but no hogs

Old 02-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Lots of tracks, but no hogs

Sorry, I was trying to post the pictures of the hog light.

If someone tells me how, I sure will... any suggestions?

[http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/therevbob/100_2342.jpg]
Old 02-05-2006, 10:11 PM

Hey Rev is your place down the peninsula? Do you have 2 green Gtx's
Do I know you I work at Pk? There is also some good hog hunting on the Brazos by Graham I see lots of Hogs on my place In Graham and tons of tracks by the stock tanks but never see them at the tanks kinda like deer they don't water very soon after dark it's usly around midnight at my place late afternoon and soon after dark I find them in the deep wooded areas feeding at my place. Now on the Brazos at Newcastle on another place of mine I bet theres 200-300 hogs and they bed down in the thick briar's on the top bank they have tunnels all throughit. My dog runs them out of the tunnels for me. heres some I traped a while back I also enjoy playing the wind and stalking them
Old 02-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gene, my place is at Sky Camp.. I was one of the lucky ones when the tornadoes touched down there two years ago in April, my place was virtually untouched.. Thanks to God..

I go to Graham all the time, but were does the Brazos cross in Graham,, is it on 380? I hunt where 16 crosses by the spillway at the damn.

Where do you work at PK? I've had a place there for three years. But I am think of selling it and getting a place on another lake, one that hadn't had a fish kill in the last ten years.

Let me know when you want to go hunting.. I am going tonight.. Now I only bow hunt, I have to get close and personal.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Let me know when you want to go hunting.. I am going tonight..
If you wanna go hunting tonight you better get of the stupid internet and finish those tiles
Old 02-08-2006, 10:32 AM

Rev I work at North Texas Yamaha been there sense 2000 before that Pk marine now Sandy creek marine95-99. You should check into lake Graham 99 year leases and 1/3 price of PK also great fishing clear water. Some of the BRA guys told me hunting below the dam was a grey subject! but I would think thats with guns?and deer. The river bridge I'm speaking of in graham is 7 miles west of Breckenridge highway 67 two miles out of Graham take 209 west till you come to bridge! about 50-60 acres of bra land there! Ive been shooting guns there for 30 years! Was lots easier before the put up guard rails to keep atv's out back then you could drive down to it!
A friend Of mine from PKset me up with his friends this next week to take a couple Rev's from FTWout hunting hogs on my land! you wouldn't be one of them would you?
Old 02-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

No I wish I was.. I am going to Graham this weekend.. Either Friday or Sat I have to preach a funeral for Donnie Eason who died Monday on a oil rig. I had just married him and his wife Nov. the 19th, not even three months.. I plan on hitting the river one night, to see if I can roust up a pig.

Your right about the lease at PK, my lease has gone up each year. I am going to try to sell it this summer and move out to where, I can hunt and fish.. the fish kill really killed the lake.. business are shutting down like crazy.. I surprised that Sandy Creek Marine is still going..

I stay pretty much on the north east side of the lake.. I eat at Jacksons everyday I am at the lake.. Go to Graham to the Wally world.
My place is one Sky Camp Loop, white w/ green trim Mobile home with R panel cover all around it a deck on the front.. and a TEXAS FLAG pained on the front (Talk About Redneck) ... If I am home there will be a white one ton dually, and usually arrow targets all the way to the road.. I love to shoot out there, I can practice to 70 yards.
If you see my truck stop by.., we'll split a coke ..