Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

First hog hunt

Old 01-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default First hog hunt

Well I am finally going to go on my first hog hunt in TX this week. My buddy thinks I'm nuts because I am going to carry my bow instead of a gun on my first hunt ever. Well I figure I use my bow for everything else I may as well shoot my first hog with one too. Then after we leave TX we are supposed to stop in OK and run them with dogs then I will hopefully get to knife my second ever hog. Man I am psyched.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: First hog hunt

Best of luck and be safe!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pictures! Don't forget your camera! No one ever believes you unless you have pics. It's sad but true. When I got my 1300 lb hog and lost my camera, no one believed me.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:22 PM

hey pat ,if you are comin down with darrin we should get into some hogs.
heres some we caught sat.night.see ya sunday
went and hooded the dogs tonight .first hunt in 2 weeks and man was it excitin 2 hrs. just went south of the house a couple miles and they came off the hood at the creek.ranger and ann had a little boar bayed up in a little run off creek and Zeke did the catchin.took alittle longer gettin him hobbled ,new greenhands at the bay but got er done.
loaded up and went around the mile to get to the other side of the creek and they struck again .this time it was a big group of hogsin a burmuda patch.they had em rounded up pretty good till the bulls got there and they broke and headed for the creek.while all the other guys were hobblin a big sow i made it around to try and head em off.pigs crossed the road in front of usjust as we got stopped. me and my girlfriend could hear a hog gruntin in the barditch but coulnt see anything.thought it was a sow that didnt want to leave her piglets.1 was layin in the road and another came out of the ditch to my light .tryin to snatch him up but he went back in. art called on the radio to say there was still dogs missin. saw a glimps of a dog in the light but couldnt tell which one it was .then i heard a little growl and art came back and said the other bull,presssure was still out.went to the sound and found him stuck on a big sowwith her back in a big culvert .finally got a leg and had my girlfriend help push her over,first time her bein that close to a catch.got her to get ann off and tied up by then my son was there to break pressure and help get the hobbles on.
1 hr and 45 minutes from the time we left till last hog tied .now thats a lot of fun in a short time.wished it was like that evertime,but thats why its called huntin.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

youre going to have a BLAST good luck , get pics and be safe
Old 01-31-2006, 05:35 PM

where you goin in TX??
Old 02-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

Well I shot about a 300lber and 250. What an awesome time. We were supposed to stop in OK to hunt with Okie but a familyt emergency kept us from stopping there. Hopefully though soon I will get to hunt with you Okie. am really looking forward to that day. Man it looks like you did have an awesome night also. By the way I WAS SO EXCITED AND PUMPED up I forgot all about taking pictures and the next day their mouths were too locked up to get them opened. The 300lber is on his way to the taxidermist so I will have to wait for pics. But now I understand why you guys love it so much. I'M HOOKED.