Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 First Post, Hunting Stewart tomorrow >

First Post, Hunting Stewart tomorrow

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

First Post, Hunting Stewart tomorrow

Old 12-28-2005, 07:20 PM

Default First Post, Hunting Stewart tomorrow

New to the forum and hog hunting. My buddy and I have made 3 or 4 trips to Ft. Stewart without seeing a hog yet. Plenty of sign, but no pigs. I appreciate the information in this forum. Think I will stalk more agressively tomorrow. Find a hot trail and try to work up wind.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:38 PM

Default RE: First Post, Hunting Stewart tomorrow

Good luck at fort stewart, which i believe you're talking about the one here in GA...i live about 30 minutes south of griffen..have friedns who have been to stewart and they said no doubt they were there but like you said, planty of sighn, but no pigs. The only places i get to go after pigs is our annual trip to Cumberland Island, and lucky for us, Ossabaw island this year..both beautiful places to hunt. Post your results on here if you do good, they'd sure be of use to me! and tes, welcome to the forum
Old 12-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the forum, you will enjoy this site... Sometimes you will need to wear your rubber boots, it can get pretty deep.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Welcome to the forum, you will enjoy this site... Sometimes you will need to wear your rubber boots, it can get pretty deep.

Alright Robin Hood, watch it!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 01:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Hoovey welcome to the forum! How big is the area, how many acres?
Old 12-29-2005, 01:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Georgia Hog Hunting
Old 12-29-2005, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

welcome
Old 12-29-2005, 05:51 AM

Fort Stewart is 280,000 acres. About 3/4 of that is available for hunting. It is costal plain, and the Canoochee River runs through the middle along with sevral creeks. Good bit of swampy areas as you migh imagine. Most of the upland areas are planted pine, with the bottom areas hardwood. In addition to hog, deer, turkey, and small game hunting there is also excellent fishing oppourtunities, with several dozen managed ponds, as well as the river. My first year, actually month, taking advantage of the resource, so not an expert. Check out www.stewart.army.mil/dpw/wildlife/default.htm

Old 12-29-2005, 07:25 PM

Welcome, and good luck!

I shot a couple of hogs here in Texas this week; they're great sport and good eating, too.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks sir for the Web site .I was stationed there for 2 years for infantry. I read the web site and plan to hunt it next year. How many years have you been hunting Fort Stewart? Reason being..I may need to ask you some questions in the future.
Chuck7

Quick Reply: First Post, Hunting Stewart tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.