Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Question for Florida Hog Hunters >

Question for Florida Hog Hunters

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Question for Florida Hog Hunters

Old 12-03-2005, 02:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Question for Florida Hog Hunters

This WMA gets a lot of pressure.

When they have each hunter pull his / her license out of their wallet it takes alot of time. Somedays trucks are backed up 200 yds.They do hand you the quota paper but you just simply stick it in a box on the way out. You are right though ..it's not a good idea much easier to poach. Now I look for spots even off the beatin trail because trucks are illegally using those roads as well.

Chuck
Old 12-03-2005, 12:50 PM

First of all, I'm sorry the TUFF TUSK I sent youcouldn't pull'em out of the swamp for you Chuck. As far as the check station stuff, the State should have kept the colored stamp method of Licensing. It made it a lot easier for the people working the check stations and the lines a lot shorter.The green and white paper is a bit hectic, especially when you have to keep track of a few of them. Ma's right though, you want everyone checked. We all work too hard and some of us wait two years to send in our preference letters to get these quotas. I wish you all the best of luck Chuck and I;m sorry our product didn't work for you.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Big Boar,
To be honest with ya..I only used it twice . I've been hunting at my old deer spot. I do have a very good hog spot.Tha tspot is across the road and in a nasty bay head. I'll give your product a good workout there. I didn't want to waste it. I'll use it where I know there is hogs.I have a lot of your produt left and will use it sometime during Dec. 16th -Jan.5th. I know they are there so I will try it there. No problem though sir. You have already bent over backwards for me. You have a very good heart. I was going to go today but had Christmas lights etc. to hang up.
Chuck7
Old 12-07-2005, 01:03 PM

Where are some good places to check out in NW Florida for hogs? Like Panama City area.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TheOx

Where are some good places to check out in NW Florida for hogs? Like Panama City area.
go to FWC site and look up areas in your region,then ask about the ones that interest you...theres alot of em out there.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:00 AM

I would specifically be interested in Tyndall AFB, Eglin AFB, Blackwater over in Escambia, and the Apalachicola WMA.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Go to FWCWeb-Site and look up areas in your region,then ask about the ones that interest you...theres alot of em out there.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Iv'e already checked out Eglin. They are separate from teh other WMAs and have the most trophy bucks taken in Florida. You have to buy a 40. permit in September. If you get the right number { Which can be gottin on their web site} tehy will send you a map. The map is kind of confusing for me . They have many sections chopped up for ..dog only..Archery etc. Plus it's 517 miles from me so I gave it up.

Those other ones you mentioned also have great reputations. I only hunt in central Florida and out of state.

Chuck7
Old 12-10-2005, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

i use to hunt green swamp. it's been about 3 years since i been back though. the last year i hunted, me and a buddy shot 9 hogs in one morning back in a bay head. took us dang near all day to get them drug out to the truck. that is the day i broke down and decided to buy a game hauler.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:53 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

i use to hunt green swamp. it's been about 3 years since i been back though. the last year i hunted, me and a buddy shot 9 hogs in one morning back in a bay head. took us dang near all day to get them drug out to the truck. that is the day i broke down and decided to buy a game hauler.

Camo, ever been on the Overstreet Ranch next to Green Swamp? There's were the hogs are!

Quick Reply: Question for Florida Hog Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.